Homeland

Quentin Taranbino

Started watching it last night, steamed thru the first 3 episodes. As OHT said, there's a couple of parts where you have to kinda suspend your common sense but overall it's a good watch so far.

oh dear,dont like the sound of that;the programmes advertised as being by the people who did 24.for me,thats not a good endorsement.

as to the first episode,so far so good.pretty thrilling premis and the female characters in particular are interesting(the guys wife would fucking get it btw) so ill certainly give it a chance but i do hope its not like 24 because it was utterly ridiculous(how many times can a mans wife be kidnapped and raped over the course of one day)?

i do hope its not like 24 because it was utterly ridiculous(how many times can a mans wife be kidnapped and raped over the course of one day)?

24's over the top nature was the best thing about it, if it had been realistic it would have been boring as hell.

As for Homeland, I enjoyed the pilot, although I'm not sure why it's necessary for Claire Dane's character to be bipolar.

24's over the top nature was the best thing about it, if it had been realistic it would have been boring as hell.

As for Homeland, I enjoyed the pilot, although I'm not sure why it's necessary for Claire Dane's character to be bipolar.

It only really comes out in Episode 11, so don't hold your breath.

As for the series as a whole, I think it's been superb.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching, and have managed to stay at the same pace as the Channel 4 one. I've downloaded a few episodes, but never really got round to watching them - will probably keep watching each week on 4 rather than skip ahead.

It is a slow burner, but that doesn't make it bad - Jericho was really slow at times, but sucked you in (well, not enough to keep it from getting cancelled, but I enjoyed it). Damian Lewis and Claire Danes have been fantastic so far

And the 24 link is one that's fairly clear - you can see the similarities. It's a good thing too - when 24 was good, it was oh so very good. Hopefully they can channel some of that, instead of the parts where nothing happened for 12 weeks.

Edited by forameus