Homeland

Quentin Taranbino

They could have written themselves into a very nice corner with this actually. IF we're still drawing parallels with 24 (which let's face it, we should be given the way it's going), then that show was at its best when the threat was small. Relatively speaking, the attacks that have already taken place in the Homeland universe have been fairly small fry (no suitcase nukes or weaponised viruses. Yet.) but it's still been a sizeable terror threat. Looking at the promo for the finale, it seems like they're moving back to a very small-scale plot. We're pretty much looking at an episode where it's Carrie/Brody vs Estes/Quinn. Saul could also come into it, hopefully completely losing it and getting his vengeance on Estes. It's pretty well poised.

Anyone watched the finale yet?

so is sol the terrorist or is he speaking hebrew? he managed to wangle his way out of the funeral and onto the boat while the bomb was going off ...

I can only see three options.

1. Quinn was behind it working with Dar Adul. That's why he kept Brody alive.

2. Saul had been the mole. Not sure he'd allow Carrie to die tho'.

3. (most likely) Brody has played everyone all along and it's been a long con by Nazir. Letting Saul discover Brody's video, the CIA using Brody to take down the cell and Nazir. Not before Nazir got to Brody and informed him of the plan when he was taken by helicopter. We saw very little of that meeting. With the cell gone and Nazir dead they wouldn't be expecting a attack.

With all the Waldens now dead, I guess that black girl that they were paying money to to keep quiet will go to the police. Could see Dana getting arrested/going to prison next season and that might bring Brody out of hiding.

I still can't decide whether or not it was Brody that did it or not, which is great because it brings back the whole is he?/isn't he? aspect I loved from the first season. The producers have said in interviews that leaks and moles are just a natural part of intelligence work and something that happens so I think we will never find out who the mole is, it might not even be anyone we've met so far, its definitely not Saul though. Quite a few people seem to think he was speaking Arabic at the end but it is the same Hebrew prayer he said in the first season.

saul is a possibility. it'll be interesting to see how much he admits to knowing about brody and the video.

quinn and dar adal are obviously going to be players next season. does it mean anything that quinn let brody go when he saw him praying?

who moved the car? you would think they would have some sort of cctv out there!

Superb ending. Right back to where we started. That season wasn't a patch on the first but the last episode was superb. So did the president die too then, he must have been there?

No. The President wouldn't be there. It wasn't a funeral. It was a memorial service at the CIA HQ at Langley. Since the VP was a former head of the CIA

Security would be as tight as it normally is. I think the point the show is making is that since Nazir is dead, whatever he was planning has been quashed. But this was his and Brody's plan all along, since Brody bailed on the vest bomb. He tried to take out all the guilty parties of the drone strike then. He got them all with this.

Good writing if you ask me. Maybe a few plot holes in the episodes leading up to it. Carrie loves him without a doubt. Nazir used Brody to play on that. Carrie's mental state is gonna be tested in the next series when she realises she was played.

Great TV.

we don't know if brody was in on the plan. it's possible that they planted the bomb in his car and then moved the car without his knowledge.

there's not too much point debating either way as most of the time in these american tv shows the writers are winging it and don't know either

we don't know if brody was in on the plan. it's possible that they planted the bomb in his car and then moved the car without his knowledge.

there's not too much point debating either way as most of the time in these american tv shows the writers are winging it and don't know either

Sorry for not putting in spoilers.

Why fucking watch US TV shows then?

Also, you are making out with the "love of your life" while staring outta the window and wondering why you're car has moved?

Sundays episode was great, for a couple of episodes there I thought it was drifting a little and fears were growing that it could go the way of Lost,Prison Break,Heroes etc.... great start but all falls away halfway through season 2 , looks like I was wrong.......PLEASING!biggrin.gif

None of them fell away during season two. :blink: