The Twilight Sad

King Kebab

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Quick word, found by accident but if you go onto the current iPlayer listings and look for the newest "Vic Galloway" contribution you will find that it is a rather excellent "Studio Session" from the boys from Kilsyth and very good it is too!!![emoji1303]

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Looks like they're closing out the year at Usher Hall on November 30th. Their full Quay Sessions set at St Luke's earlier this year is on BBC Scotland on Saturday night also. A phenomenal band who richly deserve all the success they've had this year.

19 hours ago, Meathead said:

Looks like they're closing out the year at Usher Hall on November 30th. Their full Quay Sessions set at St Luke's earlier this year is on BBC Scotland on Saturday night also. A phenomenal band who richly deserve all the success they've had this year.

Would keep an eye out for a gig or two being announced soon at a venue that rhymes with "Schmarrowlands" before the year's out as well...

They've finally been given the attention they've deserved  for so long this year. It's beyond comprehension how good the new record is.

On 08/08/2019 at 12:22, GrahamJags said:

Would keep an eye out for a gig or two being announced soon at a venue that rhymes with "Schmarrowlands" before the year's out as well...

They've finally been given the attention they've deserved  for so long this year. It's beyond comprehension how good the new record is.

Are you speaking with authority or making a reasonable guess?

Are you speaking with authority or making a reasonable guess?

A bit of both. At the risk of sounding like an #ITK humblebrag, I know a couple of people who are close with DF who have all but confirmed it.

James also said at the Saint Luke’s gig that they’ll be back at the end of the year at a venue not far from there.

Am I right in saying they played a big Barrolands gig towards the end of 2018?

I saw them in London just after the new album came out. Been seeing them from the start (aye I'm one of those c***s) and it's still amazing how much energy and emotion they drum up in virtually the entire audience. I can't imagine ever getting tired of seeing them.

On 10/08/2019 at 13:41, Jeff Venom said:

Am I right in saying they played a big Barrolands gig towards the end of 2018?

They played there at the start of March.

After seeing them at the Grand Ole Opry in Glasgow in 2012 I went years without seeing them live again. I then went Liquid Rooms in November, album launch at Mono in February, Barrowlands in March and now I have tickets for the Usher Hall in November. They have been in incredible form and I had a cracking chat with James after the album launch talking all things Frabbits, Kathryn Joseph and the new album. I was into them before but I admit to becoming a bit of a fan boy in the past year or so. Also got my 10 year old son into them who's coming along to the Usher Hall for his first proper gig.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Last night in Amsterdam. Just an amazing performance. Think James near enough broke his neck falling backwards off the drum riser at the end. IMG_20191026_225243.jpeg.b149bc2177042aa7820770ad63c2a442.jpegIMG_20191026_234758.thumb.jpeg.dce904dddf1a3d2a434957d43cfd788b.jpeg
They were brilliant last night! It was so good to be back at Paradiso as well haven't been to a gig there in quite some time.
I remember seeing them in the small room upstairs in Paradiso about 12 years ago in front of about 30 people, they played with such intensity, they've just got better and better over the years, James is a force of nature on stage hope his back is ok this morning. IMG_20191027_092119.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...