P&B Confession Room

Are you spying on me?

Im not trying to have a go I'm just having a laugh, but the behaviour you described is that of someone who wouldn't empty the bin.

I'm just having a laugh too. And I'm also the type of chap who doesn't empty the bin, but does crush the rubbish with his foot to make more room, then invariably tramps used teabags and leftover lunches all round the office.

There's an unwritten rule at work that whoever takes the last bit of paper towel from the dispenser has to refill it, which for various reasons, is a PITA.

So every time I pull out the last bit, I tear off a tiny fraction and put it back in the dispenser for the next person to remove.

I'm hellbound.

Puts empty cartons back in the fridge etc. Worst c**t. :P

I'm just having a laugh too. And I'm also the type of chap who doesn't empty the bin, but does crush the rubbish with his foot to make more room, then invariably tramps used teabags and leftover lunches all round the office.

I didn't even remember saying about what I do in the bath!

It's definitely a PTTGOYN for me what you do though, not a team player!

I confess I was the Horwich Hoaxer.

It's going to be a bit long, so the goldfish amongst us that haven't already got me on ignore, now would be the perfect opportunity.

Back in the day when Bolton Wanderers moved from Burnden Park out of the town up to the brand new Reebok stadium on the Middlebrook shopping centre, in Horwich. My workmates hubby played a trick on this other lass we all used to knock about with. So as a knight in shining armour, I thought I'd jump to her defence. The lad in question was a big Trotters fan, season ticket holder for years. I was living in Bolton at the time I must add.

Anyway as mentioned the Trotts had recently moved to their new ground so I devised a cunning plan. I went on the tinternet & got BWFC logo & made up a nice shiny letter saying that Andy, for that was the lads name was 1 of 50 lucky season ticket holders to be chosen as part of a loyal fans initiative in the "end of an era" DVD launch to be held on the next home match day, when the wanderers entertain Wimbledon.

The event went something like. 1pm at ground, drop off tuxedo/dinner suit at reception. Off to the players lounge for a light lunch & meet the chairman.

Executive match seat inc free programme. A beer or soft drink at 1/2 time. After the match back to the players lounge to meet the manager & players inc phot opportunities.

Then 7pm change in to evening attire. For a meal & launch of the DVD end of an era from Burnden Park to Middlebrook, they would each receive a copy of the video & be in the Bolton Evening News.

So I printed up a 1st draft & showed it to my mate also a season ticket holder, he pointed out a few basic mistakes & gave me some knowledge to make it more authentic.

Draft 2 printed up, brilliant, in fact so good he took a copy, as did another workmate who was not in any of our circles, to send to some lads they knew, so it was done Andy duly got his copy. Has did a few randoms around Bolton.

Well he obviously thougt it was a wind up but curiosity got the better of him & he rang up the Wanderers to ask about it. It has taken him a couple of days to bite, so by the time he rang there had been 2 other enquiries, what was brilliant was that because they were from 3 different social circles, none of the recipients knew each other.

BWFC shat themselves & put a copy of my letter in the paper saying it was all a hoax & that the other 97 who received the letter not to turn up on Saturday with their suits at 1 o'clock cos it wasn't happening.

I found out later that they employed an extra 20 security at 1 o'clock that day just in case. I feel that their current financial situation is all my fault & I beg the good P&B jury to show leniency.

As an aside some one wrote in to the paper asking why wasn't BWFC doing something like that anyway, seemed like a good idea to them?

The DVD never saw the light of day that Saturday.

Grimbo

Grim, I'm an admirer of your whimsical posts, but even I didn't fucking read that.

Grimbo talking shite as usual........Bolton moved to Reebok in '97, first available DVD's and players for sale in UK were 2 years later.

Do NOT diss the Grim man! ! I couldn't care if it's true or not. If true, ok jape, if not true, the thought that went into it needs acknowledged.

Morto

Grimbo talking shite as usual........Bolton moved to Reebok in '97, first available DVD's and players for sale in UK were 2 years later.

Time is like a dream, maybe it was a video I invented.

What hifi are obviously as deluded as myself.

http://www.whathifi.com/news/i-remember-when-dvd-arrived-uk-june-1997

Grimbo

Do NOT diss the Grim man! ! I couldn't care if it's true or not. If true, ok jape, if not true, the thought that went into it needs acknowledged.

Morto

Love your work too Morto but it is a true story, time might have mingled things a bit like.

Grimbo

I dunno why I bother. Eh? Oh right.

I actually googled the Bolton (Evening) News archive but I can't get any further back than 1998 & as pointed out it must have been 1997, seems a bit convenient.

Even I'm starting to think I made it up?

Grimbo