French magazine office firebombed...

Swampy

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree to a point - saying offensive things on the internet shouldn't get someone arrested.

However, if the tweet is a targeted or specific threat against someone or incites criminal behaviour, then I'm all for them being arrested.

Yeah you're right - having thought it through, physical threats do deserve the police's attention and as SavageHenry says, the vast majority of arrests for tweets in the UK are for this.

However, there are still instances of people being arrested for criticising religions (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-27186573 for example) which isn't acceptable in my opinion. Not that I necessarily agree with those opinions, just that they should be allowed to be expressed.

We should all start doing our own little cartoons poking fun at Islam to show that we are not afraid of terrorists

What about Mohammed selling bacon sausage and egg rolls from his trailer in an industrial estate called Allah's Snackbar?

What about Mohammed selling bacon sausage and egg rolls from his trailer in an industrial estate called Allah's Snackbar?

What would life be like if the Prophet Muhammed was actually a mouse? Hilarious consequences ensue in 3-Inch Allah.

That's a joke about Muslims. We should concentrate on jihadis, and the French.

Mu's Line Is It Anyway?

Religious crackpots line up 10 infidels against a wall. They need to correctly attribute a quote to Muhammed but watch out because one wrong answer and you're brutally murdered.

Sooo ... any confirmation of who those dirtbags were? No?

A couple of stripey shirted people with berets were seen cycling away on a tandem with stringed onions round their necks, shouting Allahu Akhbar. So the Roma will probably get the blame.

Rumours of arrests having been made.

Edited to add

21h30. Les trois suspects ont bien été identifiés. Il s'agit de Saïd K., né en 1980 à Paris, Chérif K., né en 1982 à Paris et Hamyd M., né en 1996. Tous trois sont originaires de Gennevilliers (Hauts-de-Seine). Ils auraient été interpellés mais aucune confirmation officielle n'émane pour l'heure du ministère de l'Intérieur.

From Liberation.

Archived