Sign in to follow this  
Swampy

French magazine office firebombed...

*sigh*

No, you and the driver of the car who hit you be the victims of an accident, he'd be the victim of someone speeding. Who would be tried for reckless/dangerous driving, not willfully mowing your buddy down with a car.

Come on....

Right enough. Just reading back over that and even I don't know what I was trying to get at!!!

I personally reckon that both of us were at just as much fault yet my mate would get more sympathy when the extra 5 realistically wouldn't have made any difference. Fcuk knows.

Right enough. Just reading back over that and even I don't know what I was trying to get at!!!

I personally reckon that both of us were at just as much fault yet my mate would get more sympathy when the extra 5 realistically wouldn't have made any difference. Fcuk knows.

:lol: Fair play.

Topical as ever, BBC 1 presents The Fatwa with Salman Rushdie telling for the first time just how it felt to be condemned to death by the Ayatollah . Programme at 10.45 .

You can however accept that on occasions a victim should put their hands up and admit "ok, that was a bit of a stupid thing to do?". Maybe not necessarily not this case, but in general, right?

Don't be so silly, in this day and age people should be allowed to act any way they like (as long as it's within the law), whether it's advisable or not, and regardless as to whether their actions offend anybody or any group. If for some reason somebody takes offence and gives them a slap for it they are in no way to blame whatsoever for bringing it upon themselves. We live in a liberal society and must be free to do as we like (within the law) without worrying about any consequences for our actions :rolleyes:

Gunfire reported at the offices of Charlie Hebdo. Staff have escaped via the roof.

Reports of deaths.

Edited by ICTChris

Reports saying that two men armed with Kalashnikovs and rocket launchers attacked the office and nearby police. Reports that they shouted "the prophet is avenged!"

Nothing about whether they've been apprehended.

Eleven now reported dead.

Armed French police are in a gunfight with two suspects at the moment, according to reports.

Here's the cartoon, think it's more or less wishing the ISIS boss Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

B6vY6mDIAAEI5k1.jpg

Edited by welshbairn

Here's the cartoon, think it's more or less wishing the ISIS boss Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

B6vY6mDIAAEI5k1.jpg

Seen reports that are saying the attack today is unlikely to be in response to that cartoon, as it was too well planned. They think it was in relation to previous stuff the magazine have put out.

Makes you wonder what actions Nicola Sturgeon will take if The Sun don't abolish Page 3

Let's hope she doesn't get her bazookas out.

Reports that they shouted "the prophet is avenged!"

I'm sure he's delighted.

Who was the guy on here that said he'd have single handedly tackled the armed Glasgow jewellery shop robbers recently? I hope he posts in this thread.