French magazine office firebombed...

Swampy

A free speech event in Copenhagen featuring a Swedish cartoonist who drew caricatures of Muhammad has been attacked, one killed. A few hours later a synagogue in Copenhagen was also attacked, one person killed.

Danish police have just released that they've shot and killed someone in Copenhagen.

Hold on. You seem to be assuming this was the work of some Muslims. It could have been the Quakers.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

With regards to Charlie Hebdo, I noticed my local shop has been stocking the magazine since the Je Suis Charlie issue when it previously didn't.

The moral of this story: If you want to increase your sales, put insulting pictures of religious icons on your front cover and get some of your staff murdered in a high profile terrorist attack.

Stupid yanks, I wonder how the bible belt would react if a bunch of Mulims were doing a draw Jesus holding the Koran competition?

Probably be a bit annoyed but I doubt they'd be shooting people over it.

Probably be a bit annoyed but I doubt they'd be shooting people over it.

Wrong, when Muslims put up billboards in the US saying "Jesus was a Muslim" and "Muslims love jesus too" they got death threats they got protests at the billboards and were forced to remove them.

Wrong, when Muslims put up billboards in the US saying "Jesus was a Muslim" and "Muslims love jesus too" they got death threats they got protests at the billboards and were forced to remove them.

So nobody shot them then? Thanks for clearing that up.

So I'm not wrong then.

I'm all in favour of freedom of speech and highlighting the inalienable right to mock religion. I wonder, however, what the motivation for this event was.

I can't help but think that some of the religious right wingers will be delighted at the outcome of this.

Here's the organiser of this ...eh freedom of speech thing , which is definitely nothing to do with hate.

....From an unknown blogger in the months following the 9/11 attacks, Pamela Geller has become one of the most outspoken US critics of Islam.

She is the co-founder of the American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI), which she says was formed to stop the "Islamisation of America" and "creeping sharia" in her country. AFDI is listed as an anti-Muslim group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, a civil rights group.

post-33652-0-95065000-1430771163_thumb.j

Archived