French magazine office firebombed...

Swampy

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it quite clearly is.

:1eye

This is going to be good. Pray tell, how this (and indeed, other incidents of Islamic fundamentalist idiots not taking too kindly to "blasphemy") can be pinned on Western foreign policy?

Anyway, the shitebaggery (is that a word?) on show from the British media is depressing. Has anyone actually printed the cartoons?

This is going to be good. Pray tell, how this (and indeed, other incidents of Islamic fundamentalist idiots not taking too kindly to "blasphemy") can be pinned on Western foreign policy?

Anyway, the shitebaggery (is that a word?) on show from the British media is depressing. Has anyone actually printed the cartoons?

I was being sarcastic hence the smilie. This is just a few mindless idiots, nothing to do with foreign policy. France is quite secular and some minorities are ghettoized - that's what they seemed to think was part of the reason for creating the breeding ground for these nutcases on the news last night.

Don't think I ever claimed that every attack was down to Western foreign policy but thanks for saying I did.

Please explain how islam is a race.

That's my point, spotted several posts on social media referring to race and mentioning black people. They always crawl out of the woodwork and try to play the race card at times like this. A bit like the BNP or the NF, use this to justify their irrational hatred and ignorance.

Tons of the Cartoons on Google images. Everyone gets it, jews, christians, muslims, homophobes and the Front national.

In there I found this

images5.jpeg

Hates the first amendment it seems.

That's my point, spotted several posts on social media referring to race and mentioning black people. They always crawl out of the woodwork and try to play the race card at times like this. A bit like the BNP or the NF, use this to justify their irrational hatred and ignorance.

Fair enough, but there seems to be a default setting for many that any criticism of Islam is immediately racist. I'm glad we seem to agree it is not.

Of course Islam isn't a race but it's a religion quite commonly practiced in western countries by people who are regularly made to feel like the Other and are common targets for racism and xenophobia. Islam might not be a race but the people who spend their time making widespread assumptions about it's followers based on the actions of several extremists aren't being rational critics of religion let's be honest.

A couple of stripey shirted people with berets were seen cycling away on a tandem with stringed onions round their necks, shouting Allahu Akhbar. So the Roma will probably get the blame.

Mon dieu!

Of course Islam isn't a race but it's a religion quite commonly practiced in western countries by people who are regularly made to feel like the Other and are common targets for racism and xenophobia. Islam might not be a race but the people who spend their time making widespread assumptions about it's followers based on the actions of several extremists aren't being rational critics of religion let's be honest.

Interesting point - and for Muslims substitute 'Irish' and those of us of a certain age might feel a twinge of familiarity about Britain after 1968.

Archived