French magazine office firebombed...

Swampy

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Religion, eh?

When will people wake up and stop being so fucking stupid?

The worst thing about it is that all the Abrahamic religions worship basically the same Bronze Age desert deity slightly repackaged for a different audience.

It's effectively the Judean People's Front vs the People's Front of Judea, but the amount of grief it's caused over the last couple of thousand years is ridiculous.

Some news outlets (NY Daily News is one, I think Channel 4 News did the same) have pixellated out the images of Mohammad from the stock images of the cartoonists/journalists who have been killed for drawing/publishing them.

Unbelievable.

Not a chance they're of French descent

Did they not win the world cup with a load of algerians though?

If countries are going to build up global empires then they need to take responsibility for those colonised, and their future generations.

This point is completely seperate from the shooting, because absolutely no drawing deserves to get anyone hurt, never mind murdered. But that drawing of Mohammed with his arse in the air does actually seem pretty cretinous to me.

I'm the least pro-religion guy you'll ever find but there's holding up people's irrationalities to be mocked and there's going after people in such an unsubtle, unfunny way, that you can only assume the intent is hateful.

I'll stress again though, even people exercising their free speech in a really embarrassing, cunty way should never be confronted with violence.

I'm the least pro-religion guy you'll ever find but there's holding up people's irrationalities to be mocked and there's going after people in such an unsubtle, unfunny way, that you can only assume the intent is hateful.

84162435_o.jpg

Archived