Grand Theft Auto V

SA > VC > III > IV

Can't wait for V.

I get that some people didn't appreciate IV but it's definitely better than 3. The character is a mute, the radio is shite and there's no real storyline going on.

I reckon...

SA - IV - VC - III

I get that some people didn't appreciate IV but it's definitely better than 3. The character is a mute, the radio is shite and there's no real storyline going on.

I reckon...

SA - IV - VC - III

GTA III was totally different to the two previous and was miles ahead of its time.

GTA III was totally different to the two previous and was miles ahead of its time.

If you want to be sentimental then maybe. But it's been surpassed by everything that came after it.

If you want to be sentimental then maybe. But it's been surpassed by everything that came after it.

That makes no sense. Take the original Mario, you could call it a great game and say it is amazing, which doesn't mean that the games after it have been worse, they may have been better, but the original can still be regarded as better because of a number of things, one being that it is different to anything out there.

And GTA III had buckets more charm and originality then IV, which IMO is dull, boring, and lacked character which is not to say it is bad, because it isn't, but given the choice I'd rather potter about GTA III blowing up shit for two hours than IV.

Another example would be PES 3, 4 and 5, which IMO are three of the best football games ever made, along with FIFA 2003 and 2004. Not because they are super realistic, or graphically amazing now, or had better features. They were just amazing to play, fun and hooked me in. And I know a lot of people feel the same.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

That's fair enough but it's not my logic when rating a game. We can agree to disagree on that one. I think you're under-rating IV if you think it was dull, I think it's great, and it was a great change of pace from the other games so it was original in that sense.

If you want a game to run about blowing shit up then San Andreas is one of the best ever. :D

I reckon...

SA - IV - VC - III

The radio in IV is abysmal. It's even worse when you think that it's two predecessors had such great tracks and they'd have known how much it helped the game(whereas they probably wouldn't have thought about it when making 3 as they'd be concentrating on the jump from II)

Location is revealed

A minor flaw in his otherwise cool as fuckness.

Did you play Vice City Stories? That entire game was just constant cuntitude from Lance.

Anyway, San Andreas is probably my favourite game of all time. A return to that style please.

The radio in IV is abysmal. It's even worse when you think that it's two predecessors had such great tracks and they'd have known how much it helped the game(whereas they probably wouldn't have thought about it when making 3 as they'd be concentrating on the jump from II)

Location is revealed

Just realized I linked an image that makes it look like I'm trolling you(I was using that image in another board)

Here's the actual link to the reveal, click me

Guest honestrae95

San Andres was the best setting, with a huge map and planes!!!! God, i loved the planes! However the best story line was GTA 4.....a mixture of both would be great! cant wait for this!!!

GTA Glasgow would be a laugh though!!!!!:D

However my bets are on LA to be the real-time city......

Edited by honestrae95

San Andres was the best setting, with a huge map and planes!!!! God, i loved the planes! However the best story line was GTA 4.....a mixture of both would be great! cant wait for this!!!

GTA Glasgow would be a laugh though!!!!!:D

However my bets are on LA to be the real-time city......

firing down montrose street in a souped up motor would be quite something.

COUSIN, LETS GO BOWLING!

f**k off

I wouldn't have minded if it was random. But it wasn't, they were deliberately timed so that you had to go bowling (thus not doing what you were en route to doing - ie a mission) or piss the caller off

There could be a lot of potential with a Mexican Dug War themed game, especially if the rumours are true about the game being set in California. Maybe there could be South of the border missions like in in Red Dead Redemption.

That would be brilliant. Plus trying to get family members across the border without being shot would be pretty cool.

Or having something akin to Prison Break for one of the missions, try break out of a SOMA type establishment.