Grand Theft Auto V

Really looking forward to this trailer, I doubt it'll reveal much but it'll be good to get a little teaser.

I really enjoyed GTA IV and would want much of the same but perhaps a brighter more fun game. the storyline in IV was great but it was mostly quite grim, I loved the story in Vice City, it was great fun and the characters were funny and likeable. I just couldn't bring myself to like Niko that much so hopefully the new main character will be more like Tommy Verceti or carl Johnson with some other decent characters as well.

That's fair enough but it's not my logic when rating a game. We can agree to disagree on that one. I think you're under-rating IV if you think it was dull, I think it's great, and it was a great change of pace from the other games so it was original in that sense.

If you want a game to run about blowing shit up then San Andreas is one of the best ever. :D

That's the thing though, if I wanted realistic I'd go out my front door, I want to do stuff I can't do in real life :D

For me GTA 4 was filled with too many distractions. Bowling, darts, drinking, dates etc. All filler that really wasn't needed.

I dont need to have customisable relationships and would rather the focus was on story, graphics and coolness.

In San Andreas you have to go to the gym every week :blink:

I went through GTA 4 a second time and just skipped most of the nights out; did no harm at all.

In San Andreas you have to go to the gym every week :blink:

I went through GTA 4 a second time and just skipped most of the nights out; did no harm at all.

You can, if you wish to be able to sprint faster and longer, go to the gym at the start of the game to build up your muscle and stamina. Once your stamina gets full it never goes down, and the muscle takes forever to deteriorate, doesn't make much difference to the speed if it's not fallen much, and can be brought back up to the maximum by spending just a minute in the gym. Entirely optional and not very time consuming. Other than that there's having to go food very occasionally and that's all the distractions there are. Unlike GTA4 where some fuckwit is calling you to do some stupid activity after every single mission.

You can, if you wish to be able to sprint faster and longer, go to the gym at the start of the game to build up your muscle and stamina. Once your stamina gets full it never goes down, and the muscle takes forever to deteriorate, doesn't make much difference to the speed if it's not fallen much, and can be brought back up to the maximum by spending just a minute in the gym. Entirely optional and not very time consuming. Other than that there's having to go food very occasionally and that's all the distractions there are. Unlike GTA4 where some fuckwit is calling you to do some stupid activity after every single mission.

Apart from your last sentence, that was my point. Just ignore the phone calls and it makes no difference.

The trailer shows it to be set in Los Santos/San Andreas/whatever, and it also looks like it features Tommy Vercetti from Vice City as well.

Pretty cool. Trailer showed a bit more than I'd expected actually.

The trailer showed off a lot more of the game than I thought it would. It was definately Los Santos, hard to tell if the rest of San Andreas is in there though. The graphics would suggest the game is definately going to be on the current generation of consoles.

Read some major spoliers about the game and really wish I hadn't.:angry:

ETA: Turns out it may well not be a leak at all but the funsters over at 4Chan taking the piss. Guess we won't know till the game's released.

Edited by rexclark

San Andres was the best setting, with a huge map and planes!!!! God, i loved the planes! However the best story line was GTA 4.....a mixture of both would be great! cant wait for this!!!

GTA Glasgow would be a laugh though!!!!!:D

However my bets are on LA to be the real-time city......

Around the time of GTA VC, Rockstar ran a competition which, if you won, they would build you a GTA in your home town/city/area. You were able to give them characters names,locations etc.............I wish I'd won that