Grand Theft Auto V

Was feeling meh about the whole thing before & nothing has changed.

Details

November 11th for digital versions on all platforms.
Physical versions for Series X/S, Xbone, PS4 & Switch December 7th
£54.99
Using the Unreal Engine

My mehness comes from the requirement on PC for the shitty Rockstar Games Launcher even when buying the game through another store like Steam & Take-Two's warpath against the modding community this year.

On 18/10/2021 at 18:51, Robin.Hood said:

250 million..... on story mode after its all done and dusted... how do you make it ? 

From memory you need to leave a bunch of the optional heists until you're finished the story, then bet invest accordingly in the stock market before you do them: 

(turns out it's assassination missions)

(SPOILERS) How to get max cash ($2.1B) across ALL characters : GrandTheftAutoV (reddit.com)

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

From memory you need to leave a bunch of the optional heists until you're finished the story, then bet invest accordingly in the stock market before you do them: 

(turns out it's assassination missions)

(SPOILERS) How to get max cash ($2.1B) across ALL characters : GrandTheftAutoV (reddit.com)

Ah f**k sake . Made a c**t of it. Meh not need to buy everything.

1 minute ago, Robin.Hood said:

Ah f**k sake . Made a c**t of it. Meh not need to buy everything.

If you still have some of those missions left you should be able to make some money. I think by the time I finished the game and did those I had ~200,000,000 left rather than 2 billion, so still plenty.

31 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

If you still have some of those missions left you should be able to make some money. I think by the time I finished the game and did those I had ~200,000,000 left rather than 2 billion, so still plenty.

Nah ended up doing loads of missions through out the game so after I've finished it ended up leaving just stuff as collectables to do which I'm enjoying. Parachuting I'm baws at.

Also looked for some letters ( some bird, gotta collect 50 of them) got a few left to do and need a helicopter for a few to reach. Cable car had to go to. Some wild cat takes me out. Bylin 

Only San Andreas goes onto gamepass day one, not the trilogy.

I'd have preferred Vice City personally but can't grumble at that. I certainly wasn't planning to pay 55 quid for this so that's a bonus.

Edited by #Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone buy the remastered trilogy?  An utter waste of money if you’re a ps5 user.  It continually crashes.  And I’m now at the point where I can’t get any further in the game.  

As soon as I load my save game it crashes, I load my non auto save game and I get to the same level and it crashes.  Anyone ever got a refund from the PSN store?

I've not bought it - to be honest, don't have a big enough sense of nostalgia for any of the games to warrant it - but have seen all the reports of just how much of a complete mess it was on all levels.  Even pulling it because they'd left unlicensed music files in there.  Absolute amateur hour stuff.

Rockstar always strike me as getting away with a hell of a lot.  They've delivered GTA5 and RDR2, the latter of which in particular is a classic, but their approach to in-game currency for me is just as bad as EA and friends, yet they seem to get a pass.  Wonder if that will start to change.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

I've not bought it - to be honest, don't have a big enough sense of nostalgia for any of the games to warrant it - but have seen all the reports of just how much of a complete mess it was on all levels.  Even pulling it because they'd left unlicensed music files in there.  Absolute amateur hour stuff.

Rockstar always strike me as getting away with a hell of a lot.  They've delivered GTA5 and RDR2, the latter of which in particular is a classic, but their approach to in-game currency for me is just as bad as EA and friends, yet they seem to get a pass.  Wonder if that will start to change.

Definitely comes across as them trying to spend as little as physically possible while slapping a £60 on it. I would definitely like to play through Vice City again but I'll wait until this has been fixed and it's slashed to about a tenner in price. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Loki said:

So after a third patch it now works.  However when characters can get stuck in trees, and you can walk through cars, it really does feel like I’ve been mugged off totally.

Surely they will refund it?

With Microsoft you just sign into a page for refunds, find the last thing you bought, give the reason why you want to refund and more often or not it will be processed within a few hours.