The Mario Balotelli Appreciation Thread

Donnyarb

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure he also took a kid, who asked for his autograph and was skipping school due to being bullied, back up to the school and made sure he wouldn't get picked on anymore.

Heart of gold.

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has come to the rescue of a bullied school kid.

The Sun says Balotelli helped a young autograph hunter being picked on at school - by confronting the bully himself.

The striker questioned why the young lad was playing truant with his mum outside the club's Carrington training ground rather than attending school.

After the fan revealed that he was being bullied, Mario drove the youngster and his mum over to the school in question and demanded a meeting with the headteacher.

The Blues ace got the youngster to confess what had been happening and made him identify the culprit. The lads eventually shook hands before Mario got into his white Maserati and sped off.

A source said: "Mario feels strongly about bullying and thinks it's out of order.

"He had no qualms about sorting the mess out as he felt the lad should not be missing out on school."

laugh.gif

Here's another classic laugh.gif

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli professed never to have heard of Jack Wilshere after beating the Arsenal midfielder to an Italian award for the most talented under-21 player in Europe.

Speaking to Tuttosport after being chosen for the 2010 Golden Boy award, Balotelli claimed not to know of runner-up Wilshere, while also taking a swipe at past winners of a prize handed out by the Italian newspaper.

"What's his name? Wil ... ? No, I don't know him, but the next time I play against Arsenal I will keep a close eye on him," Balotelli said.

"Perhaps I can show him the Golden Boy trophy and remind him that I won it."

Wilshere wrote on his Twitter page: “And would like to congratulate Mario [sic] Ballotelli on winning it, even if he dont no who i am! He is a top player!”

Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas responded to Wilshere and insisted the most important thing is that he’s getting regular first team football.

The midfielder wrote on Twitter: “Don‘t worry, we know who u r and that‘s what matters most. U play week in week out and that‘s the most important trust me!”

Previous winners of the trophy include Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas and Manchester United's Wayne Rooney, but Balotelli believes only one has ever been superior to him.

"There's only one that is a little stronger than me: Messi. All the others are behind me," he commented.

Balotelli also took the opportunity to express his continued desire to return to Italy one day and play for AC Milan, linking up with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"I will tell Ibrahimovic to carry on calling me so one day his desire comes true and I will be able to wear the Milan shirt," he noted.

However, before leaving England, Balotelli aims to fire City to Premier League glory.

" two things, the Premier League and Europa League - a trophy I have not won yet and I think we are the favourites."

Balotelli then showed his appreciation for winning the Golden Boy award - given to players under 21 who have performed well during the year.

"I am very happy to have won Tuttosport's Golden Boy award. Two years ago I finished sixth, last year fourth, and so now it was my turn to win," he said.

post-28966-0-29778900-1319380528_thumb.j

post-28966-0-29871000-1319380540_thumb.j

Members

Lichtieforlife

C. Muir

A. Sodje

SweeperDee

DeeBoy

Busta Nut

Lambie's Pigeon Feed

J John

Smurph