New Girl

J_Stewart

Anyone else seen this yet?

Watched the first 3 episodes yesterday and really enjoyed it. Quite a lot of laughs throughout and has somehow done the impossible and made me love Zooey Deschanel even more than I did before. Would definitely recommend giving it a look if you're a fan of any of her previous work.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is ok - nothing more, nothing less. I think E4 have picked it up to show over here but I'm quite suprised at that.

I think its quite easy watching and has a few laughs, it has high viewing figures in the usa but most people I have spoke to only seem to think its 'alright' and nothing special.

I think its fine for what it is and thinking about it now, it probably fits in line with other shows I would class as similar that E4 have picked up - Happy Endings, Life Unexpected etc

I think its fine for what it is and thinking about it now, it probably fits in line with other shows I would class as similar that E4 have picked up - Happy Endings, Life Unexpected etc

It's nowhere near as funny as Happy Endings.

I'm gonna be brutally honest here, I think it's awful. Her character is so cringeworthy, it does my tits in.

I'm also pretty pissed that it got picked up by e4. It doesn't deserve that kind of exposure, especially when Community only gets onto Viva and Death Valley is yet to aire over here. Both are a millon times funnier than New Girl.

See, from the few episodes I've seen, I've certainly enjoyed it more than I did either the big bang theory or how i met your mother, which I'd classify as similar content, obviously having Zooey Deschanel as the star will have helped it's cause in getting picked up - people are generally more likely to watch something where they recognise the actor / actress - but it seems exactly the sort of content E4 usually goes for.

Will look out for Death Valley and Community though.

I'm also pretty pissed that it got picked up by e4. It doesn't deserve that kind of exposure, especially when Community only gets onto Viva and Death Valley is yet to aire over here. Both are a millon times funnier than New Girl.

And no channel here has picked up Parks and Recreation yet :angry:

There are so many quality programmes from the States that E4/BBC3 etc could be showing, but they would rather show endless repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men and Family Guy instead.

Thank feck for torrents DVD boxsets.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched that episode of Top Chef where they had to cook her lunch, so I know her dietery requirements - you shall all blunder in my slipstream 8)

• 1 month later...

For those of you who love Zooey, and if you dont - f**k off!, and who dont like to watch things illegally as you are still living in the 1970s,

the first episode of New Girl is now available on 4oD ahead of its UK premiere.

I watched that episode of Top Chef where they had to cook her lunch, so I know her dietery requirements - you shall all blunder in my slipstream 8)

Is it thin Zooey or jolly Zooey? Because there's a world of difference between three sticks of celery (peeled) and three sirloin steaks and a pint.

Vegan - no eggs or dairy.

The bloke who went home served up Rice ice cream, which looked as disgusting as it must have tasted.

For those of you who love Zooey, and if you dont - f**k off!, and who dont like to watch things illegally as you are still living in the 1970s,

the first episode of New Girl is now available on 4oD ahead of its UK premiere.

Cheers for the heads-up. :)

As much as I like Zooey, the show looks kind of shite in the advert. Will give it a chance though.

Archived