Hillsborough debate

Desert Nomad

Is there not something a bit cringeworthy about all these Scottish folk who "support" Liverpool as well as their shitey Scottish team?

Yep. The year after May 2005 was particularly tragic.

I'm so glad that the general theme of this thread is similiar to my thoughts.

Yes it's very sad that 96 people died, but it's also sad that so many people died because of Scouse thugs at Heysel. Where's your campaign to get justice for the Italian victims of that you scummy, hypocritical p***ks?

Where's your campaign to get justice for the Italian victims of that you scummy, hypocritical p***ks?

What were all the convictions, if it wasn't justice? People served time in jail for their part in Heysel, so it's quite clear that at least one group, if not accepted, were attributed with blame. What more justice do you want for the people that died? We know what happened at Heysel and the fans have been largely blamed for it, even though there were other factors in play.

So what more justice are you seeking for the victims?

Edited by Radford

Or perhaps it isn't just this site that can't stand the grief-mongering c***s?

The bottom line is, if the ones at the back hadn't forced their way in, the 96 would still be alive. You can blame the stewarding/police for not opening a different gate all day, but the fact remains - No pushing = 96 people alive today.

exactly

Heard it all before. Could have been any teams fans that day. Andy Burnham MP said just last week that he feared for his own life as a visiting Everton fan at Hillsborough the previous year. As did Spurs fans against Wolves earlier in the 80s.

I'm not saying fans were wholly innocent, but to just say f**k them it's scousers is a bit shallow. I've no love for Liverpool FC by the way, but I'm very open-minded as to what happened.

I was at Hillsborough around 1983 and herded into that same end. With all the grounds and ends i ended up in at that time, this was by far the scariest

Yes it could have been any other team, other teams have idiot supporters also. But it wasn't so your point is kind of obsolete, dealing only in facts Adam is correct. No pushing from ticketless fans and the supporters wouldn't have died. Yes the police made mistakes but at the end of the day the supporters didn't have to force themselves in.

exactly

I've been to watch Everton many times over the past 8 or so years, and I've never once heard this song being sung, or indeed anything to do with Hillsborough. Many Blues were effected by what happened in 1989, and most EFC fans find anything taunting the Red side about it quite distasteful.

Given that I've heard more than one of the guys you travel to the games with chant this on more than one occasion, I'm going to call bullshit here ;)

No ticketless scumbag Liverpool fans pushing in = No dead fans.

Given that I've heard more than one of the guys you travel to the games with chant this on more than one occasion, I'm going to call bullshit here ;)

No ticketless scumbag Liverpool fans pushing in = No dead fans.

Not guilty personally, m'lud. As I say, I've never heard anything of that kind at games at Goodison Park - the feelings on Merseyside, regardless of whether you're Red or Blue, are still quite strong on the issue.

As I say though, there are many questions on the disaster that need to be answered for the sake of those families affected. I don't think it's a simple case of apportioning blame to one side or the other - I think there's been a series of mitigating factors that all combined to the tragic consequences of that day.

Of course it is. People are always looking for someone to blame instead of being accountable for their own actions.

Blame culture is rife in this country as a whole though. And it`s people`s inability to think for themselves which is a driving force behind it.

Gave up reading this thread after the first page. Usual morons trying to cause a stir with pish about fans with only themselves to blame. That'll be fans including children who arrived early and got a space down near the front and were then crushed from behind. Yeah those c***s are partly to blame eh? Imagine going to a game of football and expecting to come back alive.

What odious fuckers some people are.

Gave up reading this thread after the first page. Usual morons trying to cause a stir with pish about fans with only themselves to blame. That'll be fans including children who arrived early and got a space down near the front and were then crushed from behind. Yeah those c***s are partly to blame eh? Imagine going to a game of football and expecting to come back alive.

What odious fuckers some people are.

Who on earth claimed that the fans at the front of the terrace were to blame? The general consensus is that BOTH the authorities AND the fans who came in late, and possibly pished/ticketless each have partial blame. Presumably the release of the documentation will roughly establish what the percentages of each are.

However, I'm fairly sure that the more vociferous campaigners will kick up an almighty stooshy about an "establishment conspiracy" unless those percentages read Fans 0% Authorities 100%.

"Closure" will only be acheived when EVERYONE involved accepts their share of responsibility.

- I think there's been a series of mitigating factors that all combined to the tragic consequences of that day.

Have you ever heard anyone in connection with the campaign for "justice" or indeed anyone from Liverpool full stop mention the part in the tragedy the scumbag Liverpool fans played?

I haven't. Would be glad to be pointed in the direction of anything of the sort.

Until they acknowledge this also, I can't take these campaigners seriously and their campaign is completely agenda driven and utterly lacking in moral authority.

How it's gone on for this long, I'll never know. So much time has been wasted and while the families of those killed will never fully recovered, any sense of justice for them has been delayed for what is now over two decades.

It's time for the truth to come out, it's time for justice. Thankfully, they will get that justice they deserve.

Who on earth claimed that the fans at the front of the terrace were to blame?

This boy below did. The families are the families of the people who died. It's justice for the 96 not justice for the 20,000. I appreciate having given up on the thread so quickly this one zoomer might be an outlier but added into the other less than sympathetic posts them no great surprise.

i love the way people keep saying " justice for the families" implying they were all innocent.

I agree entirely. It was not my intention to insinuate otherwise.

And indeed, it was not my intention to insinuate it was your intention to insinuate otherwise! :lol: It was reference to whoever gave me a red dot for my previous post. Have a greeny.

This boy below did. The families are the families of the people who died. It's justice for the 96 not justice for the 20,000. I appreciate having given up on the thread so quickly this one zoomer might be an outlier but added into the other less than sympathetic posts them no great surprise.

What? That doesn't make the blindest bit of sense.

I'm so glad that the general theme of this thread is similiar to my thoughts.

Yes it's very sad that 96 people died, but it's also sad that so many people died because of Scouse thugs at Heysel. Where's your campaign to get justice for the Italian victims of that you scummy, hypocritical p***ks?

im sure alot of the liverpool fans got done for manslaughter.

What? That doesn't make the blindest bit of sense.

To be fair with hindsight it perhaps isn't the most succinct post I've ever made. In my defence it was late.

The 96 who died were at the front of the terracing so highly unlikely to be the people that some are labelling 'guilty' for pushing and shoving at the back or being ticketless outside the ground.

This isn't about finding out what happened on the day that's pretty clear (including the role of ticketless fans) it's about the fact that in an effort to absolve themselves of any blame whatsoever the authorities lied and covered up their actions.

To be fair with hindsight it perhaps isn't the most succinct post I've ever made. In my defence it was late.

The 96 who died were at the front of the terracing so highly unlikely to be the people that some are labelling 'guilty' for pushing and shoving at the back or being ticketless outside the ground.

This isn't about finding out what happened on the day that's pretty clear (including the role of ticketless fans) it's about the fact that in an effort to absolve themselves of any blame whatsoever the authorities lied and covered up their actions.

All of which is undoubtedly true, and something which nobody here is denying. I'll repeat what I said earlier, the efforts to absolve blame and to deny any personal liability for one's own actions is glaring on both sides.

As I said I gave up reading beyond the first page of this thread because like most Hillsborough threads it attracts the usual types out who either seek to blames fans

This should be good.

Are you claiming the fans were not partially to blame?

If not, would you like to take this opportunity to condemn those fans who were responsible, or well, irresponsible really?