Hillsborough debate

Desert Nomad

utter crap and drivel posted on here, read the taylor report, if just 1 copper had shut the gates at the tunnell leading into pens 3&4 and thus fans had gone into the side pens it would not have happened. Doesnt matter how pissed the LFC fans were the police failed to manage the safety of the fans in the ground that day as the central pens were full at 2.10pm and the crush didnt happen until 2.55. South Yorkshire police not the fans are the murderers and yet David Duckenfield the match commander walks free

JTF96 YNWA

Yeah. dry.gif

Yes, of course I robbed that house, but it's not my fault. They left their window open. I had no choice but to go in and take all their stuff.

Bollocks.

Exactly.. it's a common theme in this debate. No personal responsibility.

"Yeah, I turned up without a ticket and forced my way in, but they really should have had barriers up miles from the stadium stopping me getting near the ground. I ask you, what are you supposed to do, but force your way in ticketless?"

Any chance of telling us which of the dead football fans, weren't innocent?

the ones without tickets the ones who charged in? although we'll never no who or how many..i have very little sympathy for liverpool fans 4 years previous the killed 39 juve fans injuring another 600 by causing a crush and tried to blame the police and juve fans then.hopefuly the vast majority of blameclands squarely on the lap of the scousers.

the ones without tickets the ones who charged in? although we'll never no who or how many..i have very little sympathy for liverpool fans 4 years previous the killed 39 juve fans injuring another 600 by causing a crush and tried to blame the police and juve fans then.hopefuly the vast majority of blameclands squarely on the lap of the scousers.

How many of those fans were killed? Have a wee think about this, were the fans pushing in at the back killed or would it be more likely to be the fans already in the stadium and at the front? :rolleyes:

As for wanting the blame to fall squarely in the lap of the scoucers shows what an utter twat you are.

As for wanting the blame to fall squarely in the lap of the scoucers shows what an utter twat you are.

I agree with that to be honest.

I'm sure you would also share my disgust at those people who actively want the blame to land on the police and the football authorities?

utter crap and drivel posted on here, read the taylor report, if just 1 copper had shut the gates at the tunnell leading into pens 3&4 and thus fans had gone into the side pens it would not have happened. Doesnt matter how pissed the LFC fans were the police failed to manage the safety of the fans in the ground that day as the central pens were full at 2.10pm and the crush didnt happen until 2.55. South Yorkshire police not the fans are the murderers and yet David Duckenfield the match commander walks free

JTF96 YNWA

:lol: You can't even spell an acronym correctly you illiterate f**k.

As the popular Everton song goes, "You killed your own fans! You killed your own fans!" (to the tune of 'That's why we're champions', for anyone who wants to join in at home). The police may have made an error in not closing a gate but if a bunch of penniless, unwashed, ticketless Scousers hadn't breenged in without giving a f**k either way it wouldn't have mattered, would it?

How many of those fans were killed? Have a wee think about this, were the fans pushing in at the back killed or would it be more likely to be the fans already in the stadium and at the front? :rolleyes:

have a think yourself and read up on it...before the stand became full fans had already forced their way in ..and avoiding security ran into the crowd( or do you think they forced their way in then just stood at the back?) only later with more and more forcing their way in did the disaster happen so we will never know if everyone who died was copletely innocent.

Actually, that's very much open to debate. If you read the Taylor report, it's not at all clear that ticketless fans were the problem.

There were many problems on the day and bad decisions, by fans and police alike. Ignoring the decisions already made about the venue, the ends etc.

What certainly was a problem were ignorant, impatient w****r Liverpool fans pushing their way in. I would like to think their part in the tragedy made them think in the future about their scumbag behaviour, but expect probably not. Much easier to hide behind the truncheons of the police in the blame game.

:lol:You can't even spell an acronym correctly you illiterate f**k.

As the popular Everton song goes, "You killed your own fans! You killed your own fans!" (to the tune of 'That's why we're champions', for anyone who wants to join in at home). The police may have made an error in not closing a gate but if a bunch of penniless, unwashed, ticketless Scousers hadn't breenged in without giving a f**k either way it wouldn't have mattered, would it?

To be fair, it's not an acronym as an acronym makes up another word, but yes, it's not a great post.

Abhorrent policing is one thing, a dreadful thing, but equally the lack of responsibility for one's own actions is quite shameful.

I'm sure all the finger pointing has been done to death(sic) before. What the debate last night was about was to help give the families closure. Hopefully the full disclosure of the documents will allow this to happen, whatever actually happened on the day.

Wasn't aware of the anti-Liverpool sentiment on this site before. Sad that bitter prejudice blinkers views.

To be fair, it's not an acronym as an acronym makes up another word, but yes, it's not a great post.

Abhorrent policing is one thing, a dreadful thing, but equally the lack of responsibility for one's own actions is quite shameful.

Which is the kicker for me. I've always felt distant from other Liverpool fans in that I can't stand the finger pointing and lack of a dignified silence (or culpability / apology). I attended a couple of supporters group meetings a while back and have been to Anfield and felt out of place at both because (a) I wasn't wearing a ridiculous replica strip (not that Liverpool strips are more ridiculous than others, I just can't bring myself as an adult to wear a replica top) and (b) I don't subscribe to the proscribed collective opinions and have never been one for going with the crowd. It's the football and the football alone which I'm interested in (the same goes for Dumbarton as it happens, football fans as a general rule are cringeworthy cretins).

I'm sure all the finger pointing has been done to death(sic) before. What the debate last night was about was to help give the families closure. Hopefully the full disclosure of the documents will allow this to happen, whatever actually happened on the day.

Wasn't aware of the anti-Liverpool sentiment on this site before. Sad that bitter prejudice blinkers views.

Have you never read the Liverpool match threads on Miscellaneous Football Chat? Every second post is "scum" or "Scouse c***s".

Or perhaps it isn't just this site that can't stand the grief-mongering c***s?

The bottom line is, if the ones at the back hadn't forced their way in, the 96 would still be alive. You can blame the stewarding/police for not opening a different gate all day, but the fact remains - No pushing = 96 people alive today.

Edited by Adam

Have you never read the Liverpool match threads on Miscellaneous Football Chat? Every second post is "scum" or "Scouse c***s".

No don't really get involved in many non Scottish match threads to be honest. I despise most of the top English clubs though!

Sad that bitter prejudice blinkers views.

It's sad that bitter prejudice of Liverpool fans does blinker their view as to who is responsbile for the tragedy, yes.

Perhaps more lessons would have been learned amongst their own fans had they looked a bit closer to home when pointing fingers.

Or perhaps it isn't just this site that can't stand the grief-mongering c***s?

The bottom line is, if the ones at the back hadn't forced their way in, the 96 would still be alive. You can blame the stewarding/police for not opening a different gate all day, but the fact remains - No pushing = 96 people alive today.

Heard it all before. Could have been any teams fans that day. Andy Burnham MP said just last week that he feared for his own life as a visiting Everton fan at Hillsborough the previous year. As did Spurs fans against Wolves earlier in the 80s.

I'm not saying fans were wholly innocent, but to just say f**k them it's scousers is a bit shallow. I've no love for Liverpool FC by the way, but I'm very open-minded as to what happened.

Heard it all before. Could have been any teams fans that day. Andy Burnham MP said just last week that he feared for his own life as a visiting Everton fan at Hillsborough the previous year. As did Spurs fans against Wolves earlier in the 80s.

I'm not saying fans were wholly innocent, but to just say f**k them it's scousers is a bit shallow. I've no love for Liverpool FC by the way, but I'm very open-minded as to what happened.

And I would be saying the exact same. It's like going into someone's house and stabbing them with a knife from the kitchen. If the knife wasn't there then the stabbing wouldn't have taken place, eh? :rolleyes:

Yes it could have been any other team, other teams have idiot supporters also. But it wasn't so your point is kind of obsolete, dealing only in facts Adam is correct. No pushing from ticketless fans and the supporters wouldn't have died. Yes the police made mistakes but at the end of the day the supporters didn't have to force themselves in.

Edited by rajpelt

It's sad that bitter prejudice of Liverpool fans does blinker their view as to who is responsbile for the tragedy, yes.

Perhaps more lessons would have been learned amongst their own fans had they looked a bit closer to home when pointing fingers.

The club themselves don't help. They openly garner and encourage feeling amongst supporters to be seeking "truth" outwith the Liverpool ranks and run constant pieces on the official website about the subject, all tinged with an emotive and accusatory spin, it's ridiculous and shows no class or dignity from the club themselves. Today they're running the speeches from last night in full on the official club site, as well as various other interviews and comments about helping the grief stricken families get answers.

In my personal opinion, the club should mark the tragedy somberly and with dignity on the anniversary and take nothing else to do with the issue. It should be left to individuals and private pressure groups to seek their own answers without official club involvement. Not that the tragedy doesn't deserve answers, but that the club's stance openly sets its stall, by default, out to be aiming the blame squarely at the police etc. Whereas, if the club stayed out of that side of it, the blame could be apportioned to all parties responsible without Liverpool FC being seen to side with parties who may or not be partly to blame.