Hillsborough debate

Desert Nomad

Pointing the finger at the Liverpool fans is surely now only done by those who have a personal dislike for their supporters - so no surprise to see a Rangers fan on here voice how the court hearings were unsatisfactory by his standards.

Are you referring to a post I made?

I beg your pardon.

It was the post made by 53 and counting I was referring to - saying he didn't agree with the verdict of the jury and because Liverpool had trouble there the year previous it meant that they must have been doing something wrong.

I believe looking at the info I have seen there was around 10,000 tickets allocated for the terraces. Looking a the numbers through the turnstiles when they opened the exit gates they where at just over half capacity, meaning in theory there was room for the fans they let through the exit gates. Even if there were ticketless fans it wasn't the issue.

From what I know of the disaster, your belief is correct.

and?

there is prima facie evidence- and now a jury's verdict- that the police, ambulance, football authorities and stadium owners were responsible for what unfolded at Hillsborough in 1989.

sadly, given the amount of time that's passed, there will unlikley ever be proof of Martin Fletcher's theory about Bradford although I hope he continues to pursue it doggedly. It certainly stinks.

still, just so it doesn't annoy you by being on TV too often, maybe he should just sit down and shut up about it. Why should he try and find answers as to why three of his family members burned alive in an unsafe stand...it might annoy some thick knuckle-dragger in Ayr.

Knuckle dragger, ok :lol:

The Bradford justice campaigner doesn't annoy me as he isn't on the TV EVERY DAMN DAY like the Hillsborough lot.

Knuckle dragger, ok :lol:

The Bradford justice campaigner doesn't annoy me as he isn't on the TV EVERY DAMN DAY like the Hillsborough lot.

Am I to assume you'd just rollover if it happened to your nearest and dearest. :huh:

I'd want people to be held accountable but there is ways of going about it. Doing it with dignity springs to mind, not whoring yourself out to any old tosser with a microphone and camera

It took 27 fcuking years doing it in a dignified manner, this is the fcuking British establishment they were fighting not some diddy place with a few centuries of being devious b*****ds.

You call it dignified manner, I call it ramming it down our throats.

Loads of them haven't survived long enough to get their day in the sun, get a grip.

You call it dignified manner, I call it ramming it down our throats.

I should imagine any parent who believes their child was unlawfully killed is going to be a tad vocal in their protest against an ongoing cover up.

You've had an absolute nightmare here.