Hillsborough debate

Desert Nomad

Yep cause that's what i would do if i was at the back of a queue, start pushing forward like im in some sort of rugby scrum.

I'd then say "well why didn't someone stop me then!??!!?"

Thing is, you're only at the back of the queue for a split second before there's someone behind you.

The same teams played in the same round of the same competition at the same venue the previous season, and the police managed the flow of fans down Leppings Lane in order to avoid the exact scenario which happened outside.

Duckenfield decided to dispense with this approach.

Yep cause that's what i would do if i was at the back of a queue, start pushing forward like im in some sort of rugby scrum.

I'd then say "well why didn't someone stop me then!??!!?"

The point is that you reach a point of no return. You can't go forward or back voluntarily. The crowd acts as an entity itself, not a group of individuals. 

Leppings Lane end still is a bit of a "cul de sac" ,and the fact there are narrow streets and a bridge in the vicinity would, even now, make crowd control on the approach critical.

I'd imagine so yes.  They didn't rebuild the surrounding streets, just the stand to make it all seater and have better turnstiles. 

Glad of the verdict today but you have to take your mind back to when this happened. What was disgraceful was thatchers police state back then. The miners strike, Gibraltar shootings and hillsborough. It made communist countries like stalins Russia and China look like an liberal utopia. Also the disgraceful way the media and police were in cahoots which manifested itself with cuntface kelvin Mackenzie and his sun headlines. Only has this police/media scandal came to light in recent years with the phone hacking stuff.

The only thing you can say in the polices defence was the Liverpool fans had a reputation for violence after heysel which funny enough is hardly mentioned.

Glad of the verdict today but you have to take your mind back to when this happened. What was disgraceful was thatchers police state back then. The miners strike, Gibraltar shootings and hillsborough. It made communist countries like stalins Russia and China look like an liberal utopia. Also the disgraceful way the media and police were in cahoots which manifested itself with cuntface kelvin Mackenzie and his sun headlines. Only has this police/media scandal came to light in recent years with the phone hacking stuff.

The only thing you can say in the polices defence was the Liverpool fans had a reputation for violence after heysel which funny enough is hardly mentioned.

That was probably the fault of Thatcher's police state, too...