Internet Explorer 6.0

Loki

Is it possible to totally remove this program from my computer? Now use Firefox and have no use for this at all, and want to clean computer of all programs I no longer need to make extra space.

I'll assume your running XP.

Go to Add/Remove Programs and then Remove Windows Components, select Internet Explorer.

I actually Im using Windows ME. The add/remove program does not list Internet Explorer, which lead me to believe that they would be little chance.

Basically my brother used my computer and the lil oik got a virus on it. I have spybotted and ad awared and run my anti virus, but somehow the virus remains.

It only affects Internet Explorer, when it automatically goes to a stupid page selling loans and pish. It doesnt affect me as I use Mozilla, but everyone else likes using Internet Explorer. I thought if I just deleted the program then they would have no choice but to use Firefox.

I actually Im using Windows ME. The add/remove program does not list Internet Explorer, which lead me to believe that they would be little chance.

Basically my brother used my computer and the lil oik got a virus on it. I have spybotted and ad awared and run my anti virus, but somehow the virus remains.

It only affects Internet Explorer, when it automatically goes to a stupid page selling loans and pish. It doesnt affect me as I use Mozilla, but everyone else likes using Internet Explorer. I thought if I just deleted the program then they would have no choice but to use Firefox.

you have a startup problem. You can get rid if you run highjackthis programme.It tells you what programme has hijacked your start page.

Go here for help

Join there and they will talk you through it.Its not hard ive done it once but they talk you through it. It should sort you out as it picks up things spyware etc misses out ;)

Archived