Jordan Rhodes

~~~

Here's a question - does anyone know which player has made the most EPL appearances but never received a full cap?

I don't know the answer but no doubt someone on here will

From what I can see Sylvain Distin, not one appearance for France but 411 in the EPL. As for Dunning I totally agree, was just trying to back up my point that if there was such a thing as international class surely the players playing in the top leagues are of that standard and could take a game for Scotland if needed.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fail to see whats so difficult to grasp about someone being of a 'class' whatever level he plays at. Im sure you, Dunning, have looked at many a player and described him as 'not Morton class'. Whats the difference betweeen that and just accepting that because he is the best you could do, he is, whether you like it ir not??? I appreciate that in order to be found not good enough, players have to be given at least the opportunity, through being the best available, to prove whether or not they are. This classless, almost anarchic belief that anyone is capable of anything needs to be extinguished if we are to acheive anything other than the odd flash in the pan every 5 years.

Here's a question - does anyone know which player has made the most EPL appearances but never received a full cap?

I don't know the answer but no doubt someone on here will

Players with over 300 EPL appearances but no international caps:

Sylvain Distin - 430

Chris Perry - 363

Kevin Nolan - 355

Steven Watson - 351

Steed Malbranque - 336

Jason Dodd - 329

Kevin Campbell - 325

Peter Atherton - 318

Alan Wright - 305

Garry Flitcroft - 301

Matthew Taylor - 301

The most amazing thing I discovered when looking for that was that Gavin McCann once won an England cap.

Players with over 300 EPL appearances but no international caps:

Sylvain Distin - 430

Chris Perry - 363

Kevin Nolan - 355

Steven Watson - 351

Steed Malbranque - 336

Jason Dodd - 329

Kevin Campbell - 325

Peter Atherton - 318

Alan Wright - 305

Garry Flitcroft - 301

Matthew Taylor - 301

The most amazing thing I discovered when looking for that was that Gavin McCann once won an England cap.

Nice one thanks- which Scottish player has the highest number of EPL appearances and no cap. If that is on your list?

Nice one thanks- which Scottish player has the highest number of EPL appearances and no cap. If that is on your list?

I was looking for that, but I got down to 200 appearances and still hadn't found one. Unfortunately the site didn't have a nationality filter, so I couldn't go about it that way.

Feel free to have a look here if you want to investigate further.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Set to ask for a transfer to force his move to Hull.

Hope it works out for him.

There's a sentence I never thought I'd read.

That seems like a sideways move to me - long term at any rate, but we shall see. Up to him to make a go of things. Regular games would be a handy start. I'm not convinced he'll get them at Hull, but again, that remains to be seen.

There's a sentence I never thought I'd read.

That seems like a sideways move to me - long term at any rate, but we shall see. Up to him to make a go of things. Regular games would be a handy start. I'm not convinced he'll get them at Hull, but again, that remains to be seen.

If Hull pay £12m+ for him then he'll be playing every week - in his first season at least. It will make him or break him as an EPL player, and I think he needs that.

For £12m he'll be playing every week. The lad is a proven goalscorer and a fantastic header of the ball - and with the way Hull cross it, he's a sure bet to make it into double figures

Blackburn are saying that he is not for sale

Yeah, but it seems that Steve Bruce is getting mixed messages. Latest rumour is that JR is going to hand in a transfer request to tip the balance.

Nice one hope it happens its time he tests him self among the big boys.rate him good player and is two footed

Archived