Jordan Rhodes

~~~

dryhorce, just stop yer pish please.

Adam should be nowhere near the Scotland team

How its not psih go read his assist record when he was nominated for player of the year at Blackpool.Also we would never have won our last game without him setting up our only chance.Even this year at Stoke Adam has become more of a goal threat.Something our midfield players are hardly famous for is there goals.Doubt even our boss knows our best team just yet.Adam cant be disscounted,personanly its footballers we should be playing all the way.And Adam has proven what he can do in England.I want to watch good winning football,and right now we have been good to watch.Norway game we were poor,but still won.Take that every time a wins and win.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dryhorce, just stop yer pish please.

Adam should be nowhere near the Scotland team

How its not psih go read his assist record when he was nominated for player of the year at Blackpool.Also we would never have won our last game without him setting up our only chance.Even this year at Stoke Adam has become more of a goal threat.Something our midfield players are hardly famous for is there goals.Doubt even our boss knows our best team just yet.Adam cant be disscounted,personanly its footballers we should be playing all the way.And Adam has proven what he can do in England.I want to watch good winning football,and right now we have been good to watch.Norway game we were poor,but still won.Take that every time a wins and win.

Simple, at home play the formation we did against Croatia, like Dryhorce has said I'd like Fletcher to play in behind Rhodes against the lesser teams, and someone like Snodgrass or Morrison against the better teams. Away from home the 4-2-3-1 suits us perfectly. WGS knows what he is doing. Cannot wait for the qualifiers to start back up.

Griffiths is hard working but he's way too wasteful and not intelligent enough to play international football. There aren't any teams that we play at home and will beat that comfortably anymore. Lichtenstein is a good example of that; Miller, Boyd and McFadden all started in that game and it went to shit because they sat deep and held onto the ball for long periods while a huge gap between our midfield and attack emerged.

Shut up, I can't be bothered with you. You are a clown and don't know any more than anyone else on here what it takes to play intl football. Our intl manager picks him I'll go with that, that and the fact he tore our top league a new arsehole.

Shut up, I can't be bothered with you. You are a clown and don't know any more than anyone else on here what it takes to play intl football. Our intl manager picks him I'll go with that, that and the fact he tore our top league a new arsehole.

Calm down, you might crash your car or something.

Given that Harry94 has probably seen Griffiths play live probably more than anyone else on this thread, he's far better placed to comment than some barely coherent arse with a shit alias.

I think an intl football manager is slightly better placed actually, and he picks him, also tube94 saw Griffiths years and years ago when he was a teenager, which is hardly relevant.

I don't think Gordon Strachan uses a shit alias to post on here tbh.

Griffiths is never an international player. For me, neither are McCormack, Boyd or any of the other pretenders who some total nutcases feel will one day, just one day, shake off this poor, crippling, bang mediocrity that started them sliding down the football order when they were found out. Fletcher on paper is most logical 9, and should only ever be played as that, based on the quality shown for his clubs, but has proved bugger all in a Scotland shirt. Consistent run required, if anything to see how compatible he is. Similar sitch with Jonty Rhodes. His time will come, but right now the only proven forward, in terms of record, performance and reliability is Naismith. In event of an injury crisis, and all three being out, i'd rather a player with footballing intelligence within the squad (Snodgrass, Maloney) playing the role, giving us a better more creative option than nonentities trying to fit a template time after time after time. Untill a better one comes along......

I never said you have to be 'international class' to play international football.......but if you want to be any fuckin good, then i'd guess you'd probably have to be. What you are voicing, Mr D-D (or can i call you Eric??) is an opinion that these are 'among our best players'. I disagree.......its a forum for Christ sake. Personally i wouldn't leave you in charge of a game of Snakes n Ladders, but its just my opinion......

there is no such thing as intl class, every team just picks their best players, we are talking about some of ours here. Should the Faroes just never field anyone as they don't have any intl class players? Don't be so stupid you play your best ones, Griffiths, Rhodes and Mcormack are some of ours.

Eh.....of course there is such a thing.......and thank f**k there is too. Yes, a player can attain as many caps as he wants, but if he wasn't either a) part of a successful side, with regular finals apps and what not, or b) a very good player dragging a piss poor side through groups, keeping them competitive as a unit but not quite making it (examples....alex hleb, pandev, gudjohnsen, litmanen, any more.??), as opposed to hoping they dont get buggered 5-0 all the time, then no he won't be what i'd deem International class. And very few Scots over the last decade would make that mark.

Seems to have drifted away from the topic, but I'll throw my 0.02p in on the subject being discussed on this page. I really don't see the point in having two radically different systems, whether we're playing a team we "should beat". That last bit is an absolute minefield to start with. Traditionally we really struggle against the minnows, so to try and change that by going more attacking...I'm not convinced. I could maybe see that us taking the game to them would force them backwards, and maybe make a difference, but still. But we should be playing similar systems no matter who we're up against. You don't get too many games at international level to adjust to a system, so to have two on the go isn't going to make us any better at either. We should be playing the same system at all levels of football, from first youth to senior, and then slightly tweak that based on the opposition. If we go throwing another striker on, that probably means sacrificing a midfielder, and then we'll start to see what we saw against Macedonia - a so-called diddy team that are clearly technically better than us, passing around a lumbering midfield 2, pushing us back and back until our two strikers are working off scraps.

Seems to have drifted away from the topic, but I'll throw my 0.02p in on the subject being discussed on this page. I really don't see the point in having two radically different systems, whether we're playing a team we "should beat". That last bit is an absolute minefield to start with. Traditionally we really struggle against the minnows, so to try and change that by going more attacking...I'm not convinced. I could maybe see that us taking the game to them would force them backwards, and maybe make a difference, but still. But we should be playing similar systems no matter who we're up against. You don't get too many games at international level to adjust to a system, so to have two on the go isn't going to make us any better at either. We should be playing the same system at all levels of football, from first youth to senior, and then slightly tweak that based on the opposition. If we go throwing another striker on, that probably means sacrificing a midfielder, and then we'll start to see what we saw against Macedonia - a so-called diddy team that are clearly technically better than us, passing around a lumbering midfield 2, pushing us back and back until our two strikers are working off scraps.

I agree. I reckon it's more about having two flavours of the same system, e.g. 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-3-1 with one of the 3 as a proper second striker - similar to how we played at home to Croatia. That way it's not radically different but gives us another dimension when needed.

I think an intl football manager is slightly better placed actually, and he picks him, also tube94 saw Griffiths years and years ago when he was a teenager, which is hardly relevant.

Woah I don't look at this for a few days and I'm being referred to as a tube for disagreeing with you! Pretty hostile.

This is how an idiot speaks, there is no such thing as intl class, you just pick your best players these are amongst our best players, you people really should take up another sport you don’t have a clue talking about

You're sort of right I suppose. There isn't really an arbitrary definition on what international class is but I am meaning it in a relative sense.

Naismith, McCormack, Rhodes and Mackie are all comfortably more skilled players than him and could perform the role he would be playing in much more comfortably. You could even argue it would be better to play Snodgrass there, but I'll leave that for a different time. Based on that he's not international class.

He isn't right at all. If team A win the first division, retain the same squad, add no new players and go into the Premier where they record the lowest wins, points and goals in the process, they msy have played Premier League football, but have obviously not been Premier League class. Same applies to international football. Often, teams only need three or four to be competent, seven or eight to be successful (regular victories, qualifications etc) and any more then you're talking your top teams. Simples.

You're sort of right I suppose. There isn't really an arbitrary definition on what international class is but I am meaning it in a relative sense.

Naismith, McCormack, Rhodes and Mackie are all comfortably more skilled players than him and could perform the role he would be playing in much more comfortably. You could even argue it would be better to play Snodgrass there, but I'll leave that for a different time. Based on that he's not international class.

He isn't right at all. If team A win the first division, retain the same squad, add no new players and go into the Premier where they record the lowest wins, points and goals in the process, they msy have played Premier League football, but have obviously not been Premier League class. Same applies to international football. Often, teams only need three or four to be competent, seven or eight to be successful (regular victories, qualifications etc) and any more then you're talking your top teams. Simples.

Got to say, agree with Shawfield, even if he ruined it by saying simples at the end :P . International Class is a bit of a cliche thrown around, but it does exist. It just means that certain players will not be good enough to go up against the best players from another country. Djemba's statement of "you pick your best players and that's it". Well, yeah, you do, but if you're San Marino you'll no doubt pick your best available players, but you're still going to get pumped more often than not. They're not good enough for international football, so they're not *shudder* "International Class".

Shawfield's pretty accurate in what he says, especially the numbers of these types of players in your squad. I'd say - and I expect to be shot down for it - we have two. Darren Fletcher and Allan McGregor. Shagger only makes it in as he's a keeper, and a very solid one. There are better out there, but he's comfortably a good keeper for the level we're at. Fletcher has played in massive games, and would have had a Champions League final appearance if he hadn't been suspended against Chelsea (did he play in either against Barca? I can't remember). He's easily included, but I'm struggling to find any more. We're a "sum-of-our-parts" nation. Sometimes.

Archived