Jordan Rhodes

~~~

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad, but threads like this show posters on a football forum haven't a clue about football.

I thought he was excellent first half and linked well with Naismith, wasn't the same force 2nd, perhaps due to the shift he's put in during the 1st.

Rhodes and Fletcher are the future, with Watt and Feruz making up the subs bench.

Sad, but threads like this show posters on a football forum haven't a clue about football.

I thought he was excellent first half and linked well with Naismith, wasn't the same force 2nd, perhaps due to the shift he's put in during the 1st.

Rhodes and Fletcher are the future, with Watt and Feruz making up the subs bench.

I love how you accuse posters about not having a clue about football, then you go on and tell us how two unproven youngsters are ' the future '.

Tony Watt struggles to get on Celtics bench these days. Islam Feruz has never played a senior game of football anywhere ever. Tell me what makes you think these players are the future?

To be clear, I thought Rhodes did OK in flashes, and it was great to give him game time. It was the right move by Strachan.

However, I've seen nothing *so far* that suggests he's going to install fear into opposition international defences in a way that the "Bring on the Messiah!" mob have been suggesting he would already be doing.

Give the boy a f*ckin break. He's playing a position he's not used to being the lone striker on a diabolical pitch. On a good pitch his movement wouldve been a lot sharper. Lets not forget he's playing against champions league defenders. I'd have fletcher before him because he's a better lone front man but Rhodes is far from shite.

To be clear, I thought Rhodes did OK in flashes, and it was great to give him game time. It was the right move by Strachan. However, I've seen nothing *so far* that suggests he's going to install fear into opposition international defences in a way that the "Bring on the Messiah!" mob have been suggesting he would already be doing.

I don't know what people were expecting (stepovers and the like?) but I wanted to see him start simply because he seems like a really composed, clinical all round striker.

It is comically knee-jerk to draw conclusions about his international credentials after one game - especially that game on that pitch when every player was 5/10 at best.

I don't know what people were expecting (stepovers and the like?) but I wanted to see him start simply because he seems like a really composed, clinical all round striker.

It is comically knee-jerk to draw conclusions about his international credentials after one game - especially that game on that pitch when every player was 5/10 at best.

What's all this one game pish? He's got 7 caps. That's entirely enough to make an early analysis that compares the 'Messiah!' cries to reality.

I don't think Rhodes is the messiah but as things stand he's a better option than Kenny Miller. Given the situation we've found ourselves in its certainly better to play a young guy who may have a long international career ahead of him instead of an old one who has reached the end of a long international career.

What's all this one game pish? He's got 7 caps. That's entirely enough to make an early analysis that compares the 'Messiah!' cries to reality.

You're the only one using the term 'Messiah', btw.

He was quiet last night. In his other seven caps (five of which were off the bench) he scored three goals and looked far more of a goal threat than Miller, and arguably than Fletcher.

I see him as an excellent frontman. Play him and you'll get workrate, clever movement and clinical finishing. Job done and we can focus on the other areas of the team that need attention.

I don't think Rhodes is the messiah but as things stand he's a better option than Kenny Miller. Given the situation we've found ourselves in its certainly better to play a young guy who may have a long international career ahead of him instead of an old one who has reached the end of a long international career.

I'd agree with that. Jordan Rhodes is an ordinary player, but he's better than Kenny Miller. To be very simplistic about things for me you have three classes of player that are typically available to Scotland managers:

The World Class player. Gareth Bale is certainly one, our last player of this ilk was probably Kenny Dalglish.

The Top Class player. This is a player we used to have plenty of. This is a player who plays regularly for the top 7 or 8 teams in England and produces consistent performances at European club level. Darren Fletcher fits in this mould, yet he may never play for us again. He is the only top class player we have. Steven Fletcher has the potential to become one but he's not there yet. Wales have guys like Joe Allen and Aaron Ramsey, they could be described as top class players.

The average player. This is every player in our squad at the moment. Rhodes, Briductt, Boyd, Mulgrew, Caldwell, Whittaker, Snodgrass. These are all average players playing for average clubs. You'll typically find them playing for teams like Championshp/Premiership clubs like Wigan, Brighton, Blackburn and Norwich City. They are good enough at that level and they may give you the odd good performance in a Scotland shirt. However, they simply do not have the quality to get you even close to major championships. For that you need a good few top class players in your team, we simply don't have any.

Joe allan is not top class at all.

He was transferred for £15 million ( more than any Scottish player ever ) and has been playing regularly for Liverpool. He's better than any player we have that's for sure, apart from Darren Fletcher.

Andy carroll was transferred for £35m. That means nothing.

Transfer fees mean nothing? Interesting. Note that you don't dispute that he's been playing regularly for Liverpool and is better than anything we currently have though.

Andy carroll was transferred for £35m. That means nothing.

Transfer fees mean nothing? Interesting. Note that you don't dispute that he's been playing regularly for Liverpool and is better than anything we currently have though.

He is right though, when talking a out transfer fees down south, they would pay stupid money for a dog turd. Someone paid a lot of money for Charlie Adam once.

We do seem to always rate other nations players above our own whether they are genuinely better or not. Joe Allen so far has not shown he's a top class player, whether he's better than what we have us a different point but I'm not that convinced he's miles ahead of our guys either.

He was transferred for £15 million ( more than any Scottish player ever ) and has been playing regularly for Liverpool. He's better than any player we have that's for sure, apart from Darren Fletcher.

Darren Fletcher? He's fucking pish he's never had a good game for Scotland ever. He's an average player who get's made to look good because he plays a bit part role in Man United.

In the EPL and with english/british players, transfer fees invariably mean

nothing. Stewart downing, jordan henderson, andy carroll, joe allan. I am sure there are more where the fee has been ridiculous relative to the player.

Do i think joe allan is better than what we have? Personally, i prefer a couple of players. I dont particularly rate joe allan.

Transfer fees dont equate to quality as i hae indicated above. By your reckoning, joe allan is better than wesley sneijder since his transfer fee was higher.

Archived