Jordan Rhodes

~~~

It's a shame that Levein doesn't realise this. Well, infact, he probably does. But he's now so petty that this will probably make him want to use him even less. Because on top of being a not very good manager, he's also a twat.

This came through in the post match interview for Macedonia. When asked about Rhodes' performance he gave a grudging "he did OK" then proceeded to point out how much he had to learn.

He really is a grade 1 tosser.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have defended levein, but, like other, that is it for me. He is an absolute c**t. Get him to f**k now, although he will be given the next two games. He needs 6 points, which there is absolutely no chance of.

My latest highlights of Levein are when talking about Jordan Rhodes. He said "I will continue to pick players playing at a higher level"....He picked Kenny miller who plays in America or canada. What a knob.

I could understand the whole 'he's not ready yet' thing if we were talking about, say, Tony Watt. He's 18 and has barely played a dozen games for Celtic yet but he looks really promising though if he can be polished a bit.

Rhodes is 22 and has been playing pro footy for years and his career stats (played 182, scored 99) make a mockery of the 'young boy with a lot to learn' label.

Was at a wedding over the weekend, so twitterless, p&bless and tabloidless for a few days. Not at all shocked and surprised to see what beauties have come out of Leveins mouth in the meantime.

I'm sure, not so long ago, he came out with something along the lines of "Rhodes is either an incredible striker or the luckiest player in the world".

He's an absolute fucking moron, and any credit/sympathy/understanding I had for him has long since departed.

Oot. Pronto.

When Jordan Rhodes was in league 1, he scored barrowloads

When Craig Mackail-Smith was in League 1, he scored barrowloads.

Yet people didn't want CMS in the team. Why was this?

For me, I think CMS is a good hard working pro. The problem I always had with him and still do is his age mid/late 20's and his lack of quality. Rhodes on the other hand has youth on his side and is also a better all round player in my opinion.

Also, CMS has a silly run that really bugs me!:rolleyes:

For me, I think CMS is a good hard working pro. The problem I always had with him and still do is his age mid/late 20's and his lack of quality. Rhodes on the other hand has youth on his side and is also a better all round player in my opinion.

Also, CMS has a silly run that really bugs me!:rolleyes:

But he was scoring goals at the same level as Jordan Rhodes, yet Jordan Rhodes is the messiah. rolleyes.gif

But he was scoring goals at the same level as Jordan Rhodes, yet Jordan Rhodes is the messiah. rolleyes.gif

Jordan Rhodes is more clinical and got more exposure than Mackail-Smith. The fact he's younger and performed for the Under-21's should make it quite obvious why he's rated so highly by Scotland fans. Did Mackail-Smith ever play for our Under-21's?

Scotland best strikers are as follows

1. Steven Fletcher
  2. Jamie Mackie
  3. Jordan Rhodes
  4. Craig Mackail-Smith
  5. Kenny Miller

Assuming Fletcher doesn't return Id like Mackie to start as the lone front man, I'd prefer two up top in the home games but I doubt it'll happen

Did Mackail-Smith ever play for our Under-21's?

Irrelevant. Some players are simply late developers. Steven McConalogue holds records for Scotland youth teams, yet i wouldn't want him anywhere near the Partick Thistle squad let alone Scotland.

Jordan Rhodes scores goals because he get's a high level of service. Would he have scored in Scotland's recent games? Probably not because the service was shite.

What evidence do you have for Mackie being a good striker? He has very rarely played there.

It's an opinion. When we play with this one up top formation we generally look for a player who'll run the wings, hold up the ball and harass the opposition defenders. Jamie Mackie for me is the best option to do that from what I've personally seen, as he's willing to run the channels and harass the defence, while also having the build to hold up the ball and provide a vague aerial threat against some opposition. To me he's the best "replacement" for Kenny Miller if we're continuing this 4-5-1.

At home I'd like to see Rhodes more though as we should be creating more chance at home and having a "predator" should be needed more than a "work horse" when we're at home.

I'm assuming Steven Fletcher isn't playing as he'd be the obvious first choice

Irrelevant

Well it is relevant. You were wondering why Scotland fans rated Rhodes higher than Mackail-Smith, it's common sense that fans will want a 22 year old striker who had a goal a game record for the Under-21's, League One player of the year and his clubs All Time Record Holder for Goals in a Season. Ahead of a 28 year old striker/ winger who's never played for the Under 21's, scored about 1 in 2.5 games last season and got dropped halfway through the season for poor form.

What's wrong with rating Rhodes higher than Mackail-Smith?

I don't have the stats to hand, but I'll wager McKail-Smith had nothing like that record throughout his career, and instead had a purple patch in his late 20s.

Slightly different from Rhodes who has a ridiculous career goals/game ratio/

Well it is relevant. You were wondering why Scotland fans rated Rhodes higher than Mackail-Smith, it's common sense that fans will want a 22 year old striker who had a goal a game record for the Under-21's,

Jamie McCunnie holds the record appearances for the Under 21s.

League One player of the year

CMS won this in 2010/11

and his clubs All Time Record Holder for Goals in a Season.

In League One.

, scored about 1 in 2.5 games last season and got dropped halfway through the season for poor form.

In a level HIGHER than Rhodes

Absolutely nothing.

CMS got villified by Scotland Supporter's, he did all the things Rhodes did(high scoring level in League 1, League 1 POTY) yet he was never good enough.

Whereas Jordan Rhodes should get a path right into the first team. Why?

If Jordan Rhodes keep's scoring goals in the Championship then he should start in Wales, of that there is no doubt.

I think people want Rhodes to play because he is the better player of the two, I really can't see CMS playing in the Premier League unless Brighton go up, which I suppose is a possibilty but he won't get a move up any time soon - Rhodes is destined for that level either with his current club or with another if Blackburn fail to gain promotion.

I don't have the stats to hand, but I'll wager McKail-Smith had nothing like that record throughout his career, and instead had a purple patch in his late 20s.

Slightly different from Rhodes who has a ridiculous career goals/game ratio/

2004/ 2005 - 41 games, 12 goals (Conference - Dagenham and Redbridge)

2005/ 2006 - 39 games, 11 goals (Conference - Dagenham and Redbridge)

2006/ 2007 - 43 games, 23 goals (Conference - Dagenham and Redbrige then League Two - Peterborough)

2007/ 2008 - 41 games, 19 goals (League Two - Peterborough)

2008/ 2009 - 53 games, 26 goals (League One - Peterborough)

2009/ 2010 - 47 games, 11 goals (Championship - Peterborough)

2010/ 2011 - 57 games, 35 goals (League One - Peterborough)

2011/ 2012 - 56 games, 11 goals (Championship - Brighton)

These include both League and Cup games

CMS got villified by Scotland Supporter's, he did all the things Rhodes did(high scoring level in League 1, League 1 POTY) yet he was never good enough.

Whereas Jordan Rhodes should get a path right into the first team. Why?

I cant speak for other fans but I never had any issue with CMS are you suggest some did.

However looking at Rhodes the type of goals (along with the volume) its something I haven't seen from a potential Scotland striker in a long time.

Tap ins, headers, beats men for pace and slots it by the keeper, right place right time. He seems to have a real knack for scoring and the variety of his types of goals are impressive from what Ive seen.

I was never against CMS being in the squad but can only assume that people might rates Rhodes higher because he looks to be a better all round player.

Archived