Jordan Rhodes

~~~

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Levein will probably find a way to fall out with Rhodes before the next game.

The argument for not starting him was:

1. He hasn't really got his championship career underway yet ...... 4 goals in 4 games and counting).
  2. There are strikers playing and scoring at a higher level than him......apart from Mackie (more of a utility forward than a striker) and SF (let's not go there) Rhodes is right up there.
  3. He's not quite ready....I hate this argument more than any other. It's woolly, unqualified pish. 22 yrs old and banging in goals whenever he's given a reasonable chance (i.e. more than a handful of minutes) at every level he has been given a chance at.

Give the boy a chance!

PS, Miller's still a hero, regardless of whether he stays in the team, squad or otherwise. However, my personal opinion is that he should not be the stick on number 9 anymore.

If he keeps scoring at Championship level he has to be looking at a start. Playing at a higher level than Miller. Mackail-Smith on fire aswell.

Just caught Rhodes' 2 goals on Sky highlights, both quality. One a poachers goal, the other from outside the box...he has to start in Cardiff in a mustwin match.

Also no surprise that Fletcher scored again.

good to see the two strikers levein doesnt play scoring again this weekend.im pretty sure the striker he does play,miller,wont score later tonight.no disrespect to kenny but a strikers job is to score goals his commitment if fantastic but no end product.yes he scored but he couldnt miss anyone playing up front would have put it away.rhodes must start in wales its our only hope of salvaging this embarrassing campaign but levein knows best so he will probably play 4-6-0 then throw on rhodes after 80 minutes when were already 1 nil down and fighting loosing battle.time to swallow your pride levein and do the right thing either play your red hot strikers and go for a win or get out

If he keeps scoring at Championship level he has to be looking at a start. Playing at a higher level than Miller. Mackail-Smith on fire aswell.

Both of those players should be in the squad. Although as somebody wrote above, Levein has probably fallen out with them both.

Both of those players should be in the squad. Although as somebody wrote above, Levein has probably fallen out with them both.

It's hard to imagine the thoroughly likeable Jordan Rhodes falling out with anyone, yet Levein does seem to be giving it a bash after his quotes to Tom English in today's Scotland on Sunday:

Two-goal, £8m Jordan Rhodes 'over-hyped' and not yet ready, insists Levein

Craig Levein has revealed that Jordan Rhodes has a way to go before he will seriously consider the £8 million Blackburn Rovers striker for a starting place for his country.

"Listen, Jordan isn't ready to play international football," insisted the Scotland manager, a comment that is sure to go down like a lead balloon among the striker's burgeoning fan base, never mind the player himself, who scored twice yesterday in a 5-2 away win over Bristol City which sent Blackburn to the top of the Championship table. "He's not [ready]. This whole thing has been built up and it has become a side-show we could have done without.

"Jordan has been built up to this kind of status and the danger for me is he's getting way over-hyped and that might damage his confidence.

"Remember, he's played just one game in the Championship [before yesterday]. All the experience Jordan gets just now is brilliant for him. But it was unusual for there to be such a clamour for a young boy to play."

The Scotland manager now says that the calls for Rhodes' inclusion were not normal. "I was thinking about playing Jordan. I was asked the question and I said I was thinking about it. Was I meant to say that I wasn't thinking about playing Jordan? But what happened after that was not normal. The press reaction that week wasn't normal. What was abnormal about it was a young player was put under enormous pressure. I think a lot of the fans are led by the media. In the Jordan situation they certainly were because, in my mind, there was no reason for him to be as prominent as he was in the week leading up to it. The evidence isn't there yet. The fact somebody's paid £8m for him is their opinion."

I had some sympathy with Levein's predicament over this issue, but he's completely blown it IMO with these comments in the press. It's one thing to slate Steven Fletcher for being over-hyped and over-expensive, when you've already burned your bridges there's very little to lose, even if the comments did make Levein look churlish and immature. These defensive comments about Rhodes are indicative of a deeply insecure, stubborn man and just make him look pathetic; a burnt-out, embattled, misunderstood manager limping along waiting for the merciful moment when he's put out of his (and our) misery.

Levein on Rhodes

Dont know how true this is, so dont shoot the messenger!

On ESPN yesterday before the Sunderland v Liverpool game, Burley said his information was that an approach was made to Fletcher by a 3rd party about returning to the national team, no apology required, and he turned it down

IF that's true, even if its because of his relationship with Levein, he's turned his back on his country, end of.

Rhodes, Makail Smith and several others can all score goals, its the level of service they get that's the problem.

Levein is a fucking idiot and should get to f**k now what a ridiculous interview if it's accurate. Great way to alienate another of our best players.

Fucking idiot

Rhodes should start every remaining game of this campaign to give him experience for the euro 2016 campaign because let's face it we have no chance of going to brazil.

You need to remember that Rhodes isn`t ready yet. How many times do you need to be told.

Mackail-Smith of course was left out of the last squad. The assumption being in CL`s veiw that he is a poorer bet than Rhodes who of course isn`t ready.

That will boost Mackail-Smith`s confidence.

What an absolute fanny Levein is.

Dont know how true this is, so dont shoot the messenger!

On ESPN yesterday before the Sunderland v Liverpool game, Burley said his information was that an approach was made to Fletcher by a 3rd party about returning to the national team, no apology required, and he turned it down

IF that's true, even if its because of his relationship with Levein, he's turned his back on his country, end of.

Rhodes, Makail Smith and several others can all score goals, its the level of service they get that's the problem.

Fletcher doesn't want to play for Scotland. I have many complaints about Levein, but Steven Fletcher-gate is not one of them.

Fletcher doesn't want to play for Scotland. I have many complaints about Levein, but Steven Fletcher-gate is not one of them.

Not sure that fletcher doesn't want to play for Scotland just don't think he wants to play for levein.

And while yes some will say that's turning hus back on his country but don't blame him with that clueless fucking stubborn bullying idiot in charge.

If fletcher made himself available again levein would probably have him on the bench and not use him just to to prove that he can because he is a fucking clown.

Is Levein really this much of a muppet...?

His slating Fletcher as being 'not worth his transfer fee' was bad enough; saying Rhodes was too young to start, yet starting Forrest, was worse still; now he's "over-hyped" and "not ready"... yet played 3 in 3?

Archived