Jordan Rhodes

~~~

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the photo

jordan-rhodes-198797517.jpg

That things Andy Rhodes - who is, you know, his father - is holding is Dunfermline's player of the year award. Is that edited in? Who was the photo originally taken of with Dunfermline's player of the year award? Which part of this photo is edited? Is it the perfectly aligned, sized and lighted head and face of Andy Rhodes? Is it the perfectly aligned, sized and lighted head of Jordan Rhodes? Is it the perfectly aligned, sized and lighted Scotland tops?

Please, do tell us.

I'm placing my bets on you vanishing from the thread with your tail between your legs and a "olol ah just trolld u lolhhaha" comment.

I'm now bored of this thread, it was fun though

Troll_204c19_1264966.jpg

Here is the photo

jordan-rhodes-198797517.jpg

That things Andy Rhodes - who is, you know, his father - is holding is Dunfermline's player of the year award. Is that edited in? Who was the photo originally taken of with Dunfermline's player of the year award? Which part of this photo is edited? Is it the perfectly aligned, sized and lighted head and face of Andy Rhodes? Is it the perfectly aligned, sized and lighted head of Jordan Rhodes? Is it the perfectly aligned, sized and lighted Scotland tops?

Please, do tell us.

I'm placing my bets on you vanishing from the thread with your tail between your legs and a "olol ah just trolld u lolhhaha" comment.

Your a bit late with that laugh.gif you must be a psychic huh.gif

To be fair, the clothes your parents dress you in when you're 4 (or however old he is in that photo) say nothing about what country you've always wanted to play for.

• 2 weeks later...

Top goalscorer in ALL of league football. MORE than RVP!! God, get him a full cap sorted!!!

And another exquisite finish. One chance pretty much = one goal with Rhodes, and I think that's why he will be in the Premiership next season, not the Championship.

I'd like to have seen him in the full Scotland squad for the USA game.

I know the U21s have a competitive game, but their sole purpose is to produce players for the full squad, and I honestly think he's ready for that (it's not like he's a teenager). It would have been a good opportunity to give him a start with no pressure, ideally allowing him to notch a goal or two for the full side and be as prepared as he could be for the forthcoming WC campaign. CL has already done as much with James Forrest, effectively promoting him full time to the senior squad.

On that note, why has Jonny Russell been selected for the senior squad instead of being left with the U21s??

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what happens if Rhodes gets a big move to the Prem and starts the new season well, as it would surely force CL to start him ahead of Kenny Miller. Or, God Forbid, we could start with both of them? Maybe even 4-2-4?

I'll go off and take my pills now...

I do agree that Rhodes should be given the chance in the first team properly now but I'm not too fussed about him not playing in the USA game as he can help out the U21s and then he'll probably get a chance against Australia in August.

Don't understand why folk are so desperate for him to play but mocked Gary McKenzie for getting called up? huh.gif

Until he scores regularly for a higher league team he shouldn't be considered a starter, especially not ahead of Kenny Miller or Jamie Mackie. In fact with David Goodwillie looking likely to be a Championship regular I think a "square-go" to be Scotlands next first choice forward could happen in that league

Don't understand why folk are so desperate for him to play but mocked Gary McKenzie for getting called up? huh.gif

Until he scores regularly for a higher league team he shouldn't be considered a starter, especially not ahead of Kenny Miller or Jamie Mackie. In fact with David Goodwillie looking likely to be a Championship regular I think a "square-go" to be Scotlands next first choice forward could happen in that league

He has been scoring regularly for the U21's too, so it only natural that folk want to see him in the full squad. No harm in him getting blooded in friendlies. To be fair the guy has got talent and I think he will do well at a higher level.

He has been scoring regularly for the U21's too, so it only natural that folk want to see him in the full squad. No harm in him getting blooded in friendlies. To be fair the guy has got talent and I think he will do well at a higher level.

Yeah I've no problem with him getting a chance to prove himself in Friendlies. It's the folk commanding he starts every game ahead of far higher pedigree strikers who I was responding to

League 1 is comparable to the SPL and that staggering amount of goals scored in a team who won a good bit less than half their games shouldn't be sniffed at.

There's nothing to stop Jordan Rhodes progressing into a top top player but only himself.

Yeah I've no problem with him getting a chance to prove himself in Friendlies. It's the folk commanding he starts every game ahead of far higher pedigree strikers who I was responding to

Steven Fletcher is the only striker you could say was definetly better than him at this point and so i'd say there's as much case for Rhodes to be in the reckoning in the full squad than the available others.

The likes of Miller, Mackail-Smith & Goodwillie are decent players but really aren't much else.

League 1 is comparable to the SPL

It's really not

A lot of lower league football (including championship) is basically just chop and punt. I wish people would stop putting the SPL down, the standard of football is much better than league 1

It's really not

A lot of lower league football (including championship) is basically just chop and punt. I wish people would stop putting the SPL down, the standard of football is much better than league 1

I wish i agreed.

The SPL is a truly horrendous standard. Diddy's in charge, poor coaching, no money and clubs consistently and constantly downsizing have put paid to that.

Most SPL is kick and rush.

Danny Lennon & Kenny Shiels slabbering about this mythical passing philosophy after passing the ball around outside their own 18 yard box for a minute or two before punting it up aimlessly after any sort of pressure doesn't wash with me.

^^^ has never seen Motherwell Football Club play.

Unfortunately i have. Along with Clancy, Lasley & Higdon. Coincadentally the spine of your side and the archetypes of SPL kick and rush football 2012. ;)

Archived