Your Clubs BEST strip

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A1991-93.jpg

Not sure who that is in the picture, one of JB's many duds...I'll plump for Grant Inglis.

It's the former Arthurlie goal machine Tony McDonald who we all had high hopes for , but it never happened for him ! :(

We released an exact replica of the Adidas kit (minus the branding and with an additional stripe for copyright purposes) about 4 years ago. It really is a stormer of a top. It never sold that well though, I only saw about 5 or 6 folk wearing it, me included.

This was from the strip's second season of use. Previously it had "Kelvin Homes" as the sponsor in plain white lettering and no background and it's possibly this logo you are remembering.

Like this? Sadly I'm too lazy to dig out the top and take a photo of the whole top.

post-26-0-94050500-1318086717_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that, sadly it does it no justice what so ever. :(

The collar looks bigger than I remember it, and the logo is certainly larger than I remember, but that is deffo the strip in question. I think that we have only ever worn an all black kit once (top, shorts, socks) a couple of times in our long history which is odd as you would have expected it to be an option every once or twice every decade or so.

Edit: oh, and if I was to hazard a guess, I'd go with Inglis too.

StMirren-92-Black.jpg

15941.jpg

Birmingham City 3rd top 72 - 74. Best strip ever.

(Black, red, yellow.)

It'd be a nice Germany kit.

Germany;

Flagbig.GIF (Black, red, yellow.)

Or Belgium

Blegium;

be.gif (Black, yellow, red.)

Or Germany. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I know the Germany flag is horizontal and the Belgium flag is vertical, but it's the colour order that counts. ;)

Like this? Sadly I'm too lazy to dig out the top and take a photo of the whole top.

StMirren-92-Black.jpg

Yup, that's the one, thanks.. :)

The Kelvin Homes logo certainly was better looking as it had no back colour. The pic above makes it look a little shiny which from my memory it wasn't, and the collar certainly shows it's age, but on the pitch with black shorts and black socks I thought it looked a cracker. Perhaps not as striking as the Adidas one DJC posted earlier in the thread but probably my favourite St Mirren shirt we've had.

Sorry but that away strip is honking. Obviously this thread is completely subjective, but I can't imagine people thinking that was good let along one of their favourites..

I get the impression that it wouldn't be nearly as bad if the diagonal lines were a solid colour instead of a really shitty, faded pink. Agree with The_Craig though, Hummel are a really good make for football kits. :D

Archived