Your Clubs BEST strip

That one's about the same shade as a Springboks Jersey

When did Hibs move from that Dark Saturated Green to the clearer green that they we're more familiar with?

(although the current one uses both)

Or was it just bucketing down the day that photo was taken

Not really sure when the change happened to be honest. Just a progression through time I suppose. I like that dark shade though and wouldn't mind a home top in that colour next season, nice wee change and all that.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The strip we wore in the 96-97 League Cup final is still my personal favourite, although this seasons top runs it very close.

Can't find a pic of the strip but there's footage of the final here

Still can't believe how well we played that day and ended up on the losing side, Gazza took over at 2-2 and ran the show, superb player!

Emmm, thar's the strip in the Willie Vass link :D

009__034__features__Eamonn_Bannon_Dundee_United__1283434111_standard.jpg

Actually loved the away (white) version of this, couldn`t find a picture though.

Edit: in this video:

Edit edit: how good does Sturrock look driving at those Man Utd players? Just brilliant!

Great strip, great post & great memories........I loved that Dundee Utd team.........Aberdeen's wasn't too bad either (strip & team) ;-)

The Adidas one looks a smart one, what year was that top?

Unlike modern times, we kept that strip for 3 seasons, 1981-83 had no sponsor and the following season had our first ever sponsor, Graham's Buses.

edit...the cup being held aloft by Jimmy Bone is, for the benefit of fans of every other Scottish club who entered but didn't win it, the Anglo-Scottish Cup

A lot of St Mirren fans seem to like the pinstriped numbers we had but I've always disliked that look. The Addidas one that DJC posted is a cracker. Nice to see simple solid bands.

One of my favourites though was our away (?) strip which was all black with embossed Paisley pattern - I think it was the '88 season. Looked lovely imo, but I can't find a picture of it so perhaps it doesn't look as nice today. If any buddie can furnish me with such a picture for this thread it would be appreciated.

A lot of St Mirren fans seem to like the pinstriped numbers we had but I've always disliked that look. The Addidas one that DJC posted is a cracker. Nice to see simple solid bands.

One of my favourites though was our away (?) strip which was all black with embossed Paisley pattern - I think it was the '88 season. Looked lovely imo, but I can't find a picture of it so perhaps it doesn't look as nice today. If any buddie can furnish me with such a picture for this thread it would be appreciated.

A1991-93.jpg

Not sure who that is in the picture, one of JB's many duds...I'll plump for Grant Inglis.

A1991-93.jpg

Not sure who that is in the picture, one of JB's many duds...I'll plump for Grant Inglis.

Thanks for that, sadly it does it no justice what so ever. :(

The collar looks bigger than I remember it, and the logo is certainly larger than I remember, but that is deffo the strip in question. I think that we have only ever worn an all black kit once (top, shorts, socks) a couple of times in our long history which is odd as you would have expected it to be an option every once or twice every decade or so.

Edit: oh, and if I was to hazard a guess, I'd go with Inglis too.

Thanks for that, sadly it does it no justice what so ever. :(

The collar looks bigger than I remember it, and the logo is certainly larger than I remember, but that is deffo the strip in question. I think that we have only ever worn an all black kit once (top, shorts, socks) a couple of times in our long history which is odd as you would have expected it to be an option every once or twice every decade or so.

This was from the strip's second season of use. Previously it had "Kelvin Homes" as the sponsor in plain white lettering and no background and it's possibly this logo you are remembering.

It amazes me that some clubs dont listen to the fans when designing new strips,if fans dont like the strips they dont buy them.Our strips last year were pish but this years the club listened to the fans and they are cracking although the Wonga emblem spoils them a bit

It amazes me that some clubs dont listen to the fans when designing new strips..

Heh... let's be honest here, if you were seeking fashion advice, football fans are likely to be one of the last demographics you would go to.. ;)

This was from the strip's second season of use. Previously it had "Kelvin Homes" as the sponsor in plain white lettering and no background and it's possibly this logo you are remembering.

Yes, it'll be the Kelvin Homes one then. Don't get me wrong, it's been years since I've actually seen the strip so in comparison to today it might look absolutely honking.. :lol:

Archived