Worst place you've ever worked?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What utter pussies would continually let a manager like the one described in BFTD's story treat like shite and repeatedly trample on their dignity?

Poor, unskilled desperate folk with mouths to feed, bills to pay, living from paycheck to paycheck :(

the woman at the agency swore at her and told her how ungrateful she was after they had gone that extra mile to find a job for her.

I'd imagine that anyone who's been on the books of an agency would have a similar story. A lot of them act as though their clients are useless no-hopers, and that they're charity workers for the hopelessly unemployed.

The best is when they arrange for you to fill in as, say, a brain surgeon because you have some experience as a carer in a nursing home. Then get pissed because you refuse to "wing it" and see how it goes :1eye

I'd imagine that anyone who's been on the books of an agency would have a similar story. A lot of them act as though their clients are useless no-hopers, and that they're charity workers for the hopelessly unemployed.

The best is when they arrange for you to fill in as, say, a brain surgeon because you have some experience as a carer in a nursing home. Then get pissed because you refuse to "wing it" and see how it goes :1eye

Well we had had mostly good times working away from home and our working lives had been pretty smooth and then the worst day she receives was back in Edinburgh!

I know how it is with mix ups and what not with agencies but this genuinely sounded like an absolute c**t of a man and a truly horrible place to work!

If a shite day at work for an agency has caused this much grief, I'd seek counselling.

I was using a turn of phrase that you obviously took too literally, she reacted as anyone would do and thought f**k this. Got the job she wanted to and has been there to this day and she looks back happily on that day as it was so shit but now she's happy. She's not the sort that would quit on those terms unless it was really bad in her defence

What utter pussies would continually let a manager like the one described in BFTD's story treat like shite and repeatedly trample on their dignity?

I was bullied by my last manager and his cronies quite badly at times for a few years in my last workplace.

A few reasons that it happened,

Trying to fit in and thinking it was just banter at the start

Being on probation for three months

Desperately trying to keep my first decent full time job after years of contract work and shifts

Wrong person at the wrong place at the wrong time, I wasn't the first choice of the manager

Completely dysfunctional workplace

Most of it wasn't the conventional playground stuff it was sneaky shit like excluding or setting up to fail or not respecting boundaries. Thing was I was the most hard working dedicated person in the department and even when I took on half the duties of the sidekick for no extra money and proved I could do his job and mine for over a year they still went behind my back and recruited someone else.

I eventually stood up to it and cornered the manager and mentioned that I had been taking notes of what was being said and when. The manager started crying and then denied everything, I replied with times and dates and destroyed him. I did this in private and didn't tell any person from HR and thought perhaps they would have the decency to stop or apologise.

Manager then went straight to his boss and made out that I was some sort of mentalist and was inventing it all.

I was then invited to a meeting where the director and head of HR basically told me I was over sensitive and said that I had to hand over the notes and apologise to my boss otherwise I would be fired. They didn't say this in words but I got the jist of it.

One of the other workers who hated him too suddenly flipped and claimed they were a great boss and denied ever saying anything negative.

Looking back after the first comment was made I should have responded back with a cutting remark and then if it continued I would have had it out with HR straight away. Would recommend to anyone in a situation like that to get out as soon as possible but sometimes you think it will change so put up with it. I don't think it was the actual bullying that hurt the most it was the gaslighting and making out it was all made up that made me depressed and extremely angry. I still never shouted and only swore once back, I'm not sure how I managed to function let alone excel in that place.

Seems strange but I do feel somewhat proud of myself for not biting for so long. I kept trying to prove myself and still have been ever since. Lost two stone, got fit and got over depression to an extent.

Would put money on the same person doing it again, last contact I had with the place and the only person I could trust I was told that someone had been and gone in my position within a few months.

Absolute shitebag of a boss and probably the worst person I have ever known.

Poor, unskilled desperate folk with mouths to feed, bills to pay, living from paycheck to paycheck :(

Exactly what I was going to say. They were good workers too, and didn't remotely deserve it.

Wages were poor as well, but there wasn't a lot of casual work around in Stirling at the time, speaking as someone who'd been looking.

Still, not as bad as McDonalds, who were paying till jockeys in London a pound an hour around the same time :1eye

I work with a agency now and it's great. I get paid more than the people I work with, I do less work during the shift and I get to decide my days off the girls in the office love me and I've been mentioned in the newsletter :D. Saying that I worked for VARY in the past, they are shit to work for. I would suggest people stay away.

Supervisor didnt like me and used to put me on the worst two aisles of either pet food or Freezer Tops which either involved being very cold or accidently opening a stinking pet food packet which i made sure did happen one night followed by tipping the contents over the c***s head from above who was in the next aisle talking bout me and laughin till my wee accident which was the end of that job..

33967.jpg

I work with a agency now and it's great. I get paid more than the people I work with, I do less work during the shift and I get to decide my days off the girls in the office love me and I've been mentioned in the newsletter :D

I really don't know why, but I mentally followed this up with:

...and all the girlies say I'm pretty fly for a white guy :lol:

Probably my most recent place. I was trainee manager in a local cake factory and got £7.60 an hour to put up with a shower of passive aggressive mongols in the head office and a minimum wage workforce heartbreakingly demotivated. Main cause of this was the Production Supervisor whom I was genuinely amused this morning to learn is in hospital having taken a 'bad turn'.

I was picked on mercillesly in the office and eventually sacked having spiralled into a cycle of drink and depression.

Give me a call centre or door to door sales any day. Honestly.

Cake Decor or Swords?

Archived