Worst place you've ever worked?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would still have been within your rehab period. What were you going to do about prosthetics etc if you'd stayed.

No it was January 2012 I was let out in the September and went to physio a few times a week until the January now I only go for yearly check ups

Re the cold calling job for £5 p/h; how is this legal? I though that companies were no longer allowed to use commission to bring wages up to the minimum wage?

Re paper rounds; I had one in 2002 when my older brother quit as he was too lazy to get up to do it. I took it over. Got £15 a week. I managed to get it to down to about an hour, so was decent enough. As mentioned, the weekend supplements were an utter killer.

I also delivered a free paper with a friend to the next village (Steelend) for a couple of years. We got paid about £3 or so each, most of which we spent at the village shop on the way back down, but it was a decent laugh. We got some tremendous tips at Christmas time. If my friend wasn't there and I had to do it myself, I'd often fire down the glen and chuck all the papers in the burn.

did a paper round in orkney after school, thursdays were a nightmare, local paper,radio times any weekly mags and usual paper,think i got £6.50 a week share it with a guy i went to school with he did sat morns and i did mon-fri.Christmas was amazing got so many tips,got the round down to 40 mins, but used to miss a old guy out in the middle of the round and go back and deliver his last as used to st with him till his home carer came to make his dinner, he used to give me sweets,juce etc

did a paper round in orkney after school, thursdays were a nightmare, local paper,radio times any weekly mags and usual paper,think i got £6.50 a week share it with a guy i went to school with he did sat morns and i did mon-fri.Christmas was amazing got so many tips,got the round down to 40 mins, but used to miss a old guy out in the middle of the round and go back and deliver his last as used to st with him till his home carer came to make his dinner, he used to give me sweets,juce etc

Was his name herbert?

No it was January 2012 I was let out in the September and went to physio a few times a week until the January now I only go for yearly check ups

Did you not say before that standing on a plug was the worst pain ever?

1988-Born

1993-Started School

2000-Started High School,First w**k

2004-Left School and had more wanks

2005-went to college

2006-Left College

2007-Got Married,Had a kid

2009-had another kid

2012-Had my accident

2012- Left hospital after 8months

2014- had another kid

This is a quick run down.

Didn't you start a thread about online dating last year? Must have been quite the success.

1988-Born

1993-Started School

2000-Started High School,First w**k

2004-Left School and had more wanks

2005-went to college

2006-Left College

2007-Got Married,Had a kid

2009-had another kid

2012-Had my accident

2012- Left hospital after 8months

2014- had another kid

This is a quick run down.

That's a long time just to pick up leaflets?

Worked with HBOS in Rosyth for a few years and moved about departments. My first job there was in the Money Management department. The job involved 'helping' customers with their finances. Had to entice people into running through income and expenditures to 'fine tune' their finances, give money saving information or help them with any financial troubles they had. Sounds helpful but it really was a crock of shit and 90% of the time you couldn't actually do anything for them come the end of the i&e. the customer ended up being more pissed than when they phoned up, thinking that we can reduce monthly payments on loans and that and they end up complaining they just wasted half an hour of their lives.

Amazingly, one of the banks 'solutions' if someone was struggling, was for the customer to outsource all their debts, default on them and pay back a minimal amount a month.

Didn't you start a thread about online dating last year? Must have been quite the success.

Yes I did. After I got back from Poland I think. Maybe it was when I was over there I was looking for someone to show me around ;)

Archived