Fresh meat

orlandoblue

Aye, it's a funny old programme- probably doesn't appeal to the big comedy fans who expected a 19-25-year-old equivalent of Peep Show, and the drama critics won't be raving about it either. It's shamelessly bittersweet, which makes it work for me- the action is hard to take your eyes off and the soap-like plotlines are both intriguing and cleverly intertwine.

But for me though it's the characters and the dialogue that make it- some of the insults and interchanges are poetry in motion, like softcore The Thick Of It.

The speech balloon texting and e-mailing is a great wee touch too, and not overused throughout which would have been so easy to do.

I could watch it endlessly, but I'm still not entirely sure why.

Preferred the first series but still some excellent moments in this one. Jack Whitehall's character developed into the best in the show for one-liners, having previously been a bit of a laughing stock. Came out with some crackers.

Howard is as good a character as there is in any show though. Best moment of the series was his "FUCK!" after missing out on a ride with Sabine. Laughed far too much at that.

• 11 months later...

I find Candice strangely sexy.

I would bang all the females in Fresh Meat. Even Sabine if the moment made sense.

Anyway so far it's been ok, enjoyable but not excellent. However I remember feeling the same at the start of Season 2 and towards the end it outdid anything from Season 1. Happy it's back regardless.

• 4 weeks later...

Starting to get really annoyed with what they've done with Oregon. She was always mildly irritating but shes become a total characture and now too repulsive to watch.

Agreed. Just want to skip every scene she's in now.

She's not even a mildly funny character, just plain annoying.

• 1 year later...

Started watching this on Netflix. Almost finished all three series in a few days. I think its one of those shows that lends itself to binge watching - I saw it when it first started but I never classed it as must-see.

Clearly Vod, JP, and Howard are the best characters (and Robert Webb when he turns up) but everyone else is annoying as shit.

And some of the jokes/one liners are laugh out loud funny. The "almost-orgy" scene in series 3 was fucking hilarious.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...
1 hour ago, soudaghar01 said:

Fabulous Discussion, I love to find this. Souda Ghar is an online store in Karachi that aims at saving consumers from their regular needs of going out and buy. You can find numerous categories in this online shop including cookies and chocolate, breakfast and milk, best Fresh Meat in Karachifood and staples, drinks, baby & children, and pet care.

image.jpeg.e41b946d04c87aac110aaa130b264ac7.jpeg