Media Coverage of the Junior Game

RobRoyGuy

Pollok gates are nowhere near that nowadays sorry bankie . They do get excellent coverage in the evening times . I wonder why wink.gif.

the coverage my own team gets in the local kirky herald is fairly good usually always on the back page with match report inside with wee pic and if something is happening with ground development for example usually decent article in the news pages.

peasy23 petershill always get a wee mention in the kirky herald , is that because the kirky herald is sold in springburn ? i take it the kirky herald is not your local paper and there is a local paper in springburn which covers the peasy far more .

ohmy.gif shocking !

Pollok's 3 home league gates so far have been 482, 674 & 379, damn good by any standards.

There used to be a Springburn Herald but that was taken over by the Kirky Herald who now produce what is allegedly a Springburn edition, which is in fact identical to the Kirky version apart from the banner on the front page.

Pollok's 3 home league gates so far have been 482, 674 & 379, damn good by any standards.

There used to be a Springburn Herald but that was taken over by the Kirky Herald who now produce what is allegedly a Springburn edition, which is in fact identical to the Kirky version apart from the banner on the front page.

really ! as petershill get about two or three lines in the kirky herald every week . Very rare if the kirky herald cover petershill in detail.Shocking if thats the coverage newspaper wise petershill get in the local area they deserve far better than that.

Only thing i can think of is the maybe sales of the kirky herald in springburn are poor thats why you don't get much coverage of petershill in it.

Edited by RobRoyGuy

The local clubs Bellshlll,Blantyre,Shotts,Lanark,Forth,Wishaw,both Larky clubs,Stonehouse,Gow,&Carluke.

dam thats 11 clubs they need to try and cover , how the hell do they do that ?

btw never understood why a junior club don't play out of hamilton a good sized town . Who were the last ?

Edited by RobRoyGuy

The junior game i feel is embracing other forms of media like i mentioned , twitter , facebook , podcasts , community radio etc more can be done and hopefully more will be done in the future to promote the junior game that way and help get intice more people to games.

That I would agree with. Across the East (ER SJFA and EOSFL) - most clubs now have websites, a lot use Twitter, there's improving coverage from local E-radio and suchlike, the EOS LiveScores and so on. Allows direct connection/communication with supporters, sponsors, community.

That I would agree with. Across the East (ER SJFA and EOSFL) - most clubs now have websites, a lot use Twitter, there's improving coverage from local E-radio and suchlike, the EOS LiveScores and so on. Allows direct connection/communication with supporters, sponsors, community.

The thing with promoting the game through twitter and the likes is getting people who enjoy reading all about it to get out and get to games. I know two guys who really enjoy reading about the junior game in newspapers, they enjoy the twitter streams and facebook stuff etc , yet you never see them at games as come matchday they never have the time or real urge to get out to a game.I think there is still a fair amount of interest out there in the junior game but for some reason come matchday its more difficult to get people to the actual game as there is so much other things they can do now whereas 15,20,30,40 50 years ago that wasn't such a problem.I just hope to god the improving online coverage the junior game does not effect gates even more , by that i mean some fans just sitting in watching the live scores come through if its pissing down outside ! this is all just my take on things .

Can't remember a junior club in Hamilton. But some very good amateur sides from Burnbank.

if a statto could help me out on this . Who were the last junior side to play out of hamilton ?

Can't remember a junior club in Hamilton in my time. But there must have been one at some time. Shall enquire and let you know.

and thanks larky

Edited by RobRoyGuy

In my area The Paisley Daily Express aka the 2 minute silence.. Cause your quiet for 2 minutes while you read the whole paper :P is very good for coverage of our local clubs in our area.. Arthurlie, Neilston, Burgh and Frew.

East Lothian Courier gives decent space to the county's 4 Junior sides, although sometimes the reports are edited to the point of unintelligibility. The Edinburgh Evening has been mentioned already, but tomorrow there'll be a full page spread in the football pull-out and there'll be a half-decent preview in the Friday edition

In my area The Paisley Daily Express aka the 2 minute silence.. Cause your quiet for 2 minutes while you read the whole paper :P is very good for coverage of our local clubs in our area.. Arthurlie, Neilston, Burgh and Frew.

Do you just give it a quick read in between hires taxi , dam the time it takes you to eat two pies !

Pulse radio in renfrewshire do a excellent 1 hour junior show , a mix of music guests and junior talk . Think you might know the guy that does it Robert. The only other community based radio station that i know of that does something similar is over in the east at black diamond fm

Edited by RobRoyGuy

Do you just give it a quick read in between hires taxi , dam the time it takes you to eat two pies !

Pulse radio in renfrewshire do a excellent 1 hour junior show , a mix of music guests and junior talk . Think you might know the guy that does it Robert. The only other community based radio station that i know of that does something similar is over in the east at black diamond fm

Hoy you!! I told you to leave my pie eating capabilities out of this!! Yes I know Robert from the Lie games. BTW He has asked myself, Kenny and Colin to be guests on his show one night!! A sure fire way to get the ratings down!! :D

really ! as petershill get about two or three lines in the kirky herald every week . Very rare if the kirky herald cover petershill in detail.Shocking if thats the coverage newspaper wise petershill get in the local area they deserve far better than that.

Only thing i can think of is the maybe sales of the kirky herald in springburn are poor thats why you don't get much coverage of petershill in it.

Maybe their sales in Springburm are poor because there are hardly any Springburn stories in their supposedly Springburn slanted edition? Just a thought........

Maybe their sales in Springburm are poor because there are hardly any Springburn stories in their supposedly Springburn slanted edition? Just a thought........

I understand. I take it there is never a reporter from this ' springburn edition ' at a petershill game , so there is a petershill match report in there edition .

Burnbank or Burnbank Swifts?

i know this is a side note to main topic of thread but after doing a wee bit of digging seems like there was a burnbank athletic after swifts .Athletic won junior cup three times ( i think ) beating petershill in 1910 . Not sure when they went to the wall though .Just always wondered why there has never been a junior club playing out of hamilton in modern times.

Edited by RobRoyGuy