A great feeling at Cappielow..

This is silly.

No one could deny we've made a good start. Also, I would say it is well above expectation. I was not all that hopeful, especially as the only pre-season game I saw was a bit of a drubbing at St Mirren. But to get results in our 1st four games (3 aways) was excellent. As well as a great showing in the St Mirren cup tie, which was a bit of a turning point for me.

Also, if we aren't favourites for the league then fair enough, but I certainly wouldn't swap places with anyone.

We do have a tight squad which could cause us problems, but I guess most folk do. No doubt the likes of Tidser, MacDonald, McCaffrey will miss a few games over the season and it will be key to grind out a win or a draw on those occassions.

Edited by Piehutt

And don't forget (if/when you're still up there in 2 months time and the excitements so high you can feel it as soon as you enter the ground) as soon as you're team let in a goal you must start singing and urging your team on, you're players will feel 10 feet tall with that sort of backing and it also the drowns out the moaning cnuts every team has.

Edited by ayrmad

The nice thing is that Morton needed our old seats from Love Street before they could ever properly challenge for the 1st division title. It gives me much pleasure to know that a little bit of St Mirren is running through the veins of Cappielow.

The nice thing is that Morton needed our old seats from Love Street before they could ever properly challenge for the 1st division title. It gives me much pleasure to know that a little bit of St Mirren is running through the veins of Cappielow.

Perhaps you'll be lucky enough to feel what a proper local rivalry is next season.

You never know, you might even start a wind-up thread aimed at them without making a complete and utter c**t of it.

Don't bite at this fandan's bait, man. He's well known for having online breakdowns and he's probably due another any day soon.

I'm guessing you're a university lecturer... but you still tuck your track suit bottons into your socks.

Perhaps you'll be lucky enough to feel what a proper local rivalry is next season.

Like you do with Kilmarnock? :rolleyes:

That said, we have a rivalry of sorts every season for the Renfrewshire Cup. It's just a shame that Morton don't ever want to win it.. :(

You never know, you might even start a wind-up thread aimed at them without making a complete and utter c**t of it.

:unsure:

Not sure where you are coming from, the two most recent "informative" threads (wind-up is such a dirty 1st division phrase) have been entirely on the money. It has been over 20 years since Morton graced the top division, and it has been 35 years since they were last above us in that league. It seems you have made a c**t of suggesting I made a c**t of anything.. ;)

A bridge too far.

:lol:

Still greeting because he was bitch slapped in the SPL forum..

Virgil II in fail shocker.

Surely some clarification is in order. Did you not buy our old seating from Love Street or was it part of the stand. Either way, it was our cast offs which have helped you lot dream the dream of top division football. How long those dreams last is another matter of course.. ;)

Can you imagine the tears if we ever get back up to the top league again?

Au contraire, mon ami. While the thought of Morton in the top flight would bring back all the memories of the late 80's, it would bring much joy to many to see them finally reach the "promised land". The joy I mention is of course the satisfaction in the knowledge that relegation wouldn't be an issue that year. :P

Edited by Ric

Sorry pal, I don't know what bottons are.

No 'pal', it is indeed me that should be sorry, for the typing error. I really am a thick c**t...

Whereas you intentionally wrote "fandan".

On a more serious note, the feel good factor at Morton's conquest has spread across Greenock like a burst bag of smack. In the past three days the town's wife-beating levels are at their lowest for 20 years.