A great feeling at Cappielow..

Seriously, I can't think of another game in the big leagues that has seen double figures for a team in British football, in all my thirty odd years of taking an interest.

I recall Spurs beating someone 9-0 in about 1978 and Man United beat Ipswich by that in the mid 90s. I'm guessing it's happened with lesser teams on other occasion, but I can't think of any examples.

It's probably an Infowire question, but seriously, when did a side last lose ten in a league game?

Please tell me Morton finished with eleven players on the park.

Seriously, I can't think of another game in the big leagues that has seen double figures for a team in British football, in all my thirty odd years of taking an interest.

I recall Spurs beating someone 9-0 in about 1978 and Man United beat Ipswich by that in the mid 90s. I'm guessing it's happened with lesser teams on other occasion, but I can't think of any examples.

It's probably an Infowire question, but seriously, when did a side last lose ten in a league game?

Morton havent got eleven "players" at the club .

Well that of course is debatable.

What happened to the great Kenny Shiels that Killie supporters were banging on about. I wonder if they would still take him back?

Ouch that's gotta hurt. :lol:

Greenockonians should console themselves in the knowledge that at least they had enough fingers on both hands to count the number of goals in today's game.

Should be fun next season...If we are there of course. Come and follow your fellow west coast club in the play offs. You know it makes sense.

What makes it even worse is that of all the humpings Ayr have had over the years I have never seen them lose by more than seven. Poor Morton

Edited by I'm Brian

This is the best Mor10 team I have seen in a long time & I have been going to Cappielow since 1973 so have saw the good times & lots of bad ones also. Could this really be there time for SPL football I think they have the players but We have to wrap Macdonald & Jackson in cotton wool & keep them both fit Tidser also will be a very important Player for us in the Midfield.But when You look & the bench We have Weatherson, Campbell, & Bachirou itching to get back in the team after Saturdays trip to Dumfries We play Partick on the Friday Night then Hamilton, & Falkirk all within the space of a few short Weeks we really could be Top by a few points can we really keep going & stay top of the League I think & hope We can..biggrin.gif

Foxbarton, ladies and gentlemen, may he rest in peace.

Raith Rovers lost 10-2 to Rangers in the late 60s, and also conceded 10 to the Dons in the early 60s, I think that was 10-0. (It may have been 10-1, Raith got their revenge by knocking the Dons out of the cup that same season.)

Raith Rovers lost 10-2 to Rangers in the late 60s, and also conceded 10 to the Dons in the early 60s, I think that was 10-0. (It may have been 10-1, Raith got their revenge by knocking the Dons out of the cup that same season.)

I think our record defeat is 10-2, against Dundee funnily enough. It was in the early sixties, our 'keeper got carried off and Gilzean ran riot.

Ten in domestic league games in the modern era must be very rare though. Did Aberdeen lose nine, or was it eight, under McGhee at Parkhead?

Edited by Monkey Tennis