A great feeling at Cappielow..

So how do the Morton fans feel after hearing KS's interview yesterday?

should he have kept Morton up and will you back him long enough to carry out his plan for all age groups at Morton?

thoughts from this Killie fan are you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Good Luck btw, I hope in a years time you are straight back up playing the kind of football we were under him.

I would be very happy if Shiels rejoined Kilmarnock tomorrow, and I'm sure he would be as well. The support is split on whether he could have saved us from relegation, but I think most would have expected him to have us fighting a bit longer (even VT, with his claims we were relegated by October, had us going down through the play-offs after Shiels took over).

He's got his plan A and that's about it. And when he's did finally try something else it was disastrous. If his plan A (i.e. short passing game from the back) doesn't work next season we won't stand a chance of promotion - that's a risk I wouldnt take.

I would be very happy if Shiels rejoined Kilmarnock tomorrow, and I'm sure he would be as well. The support is split on whether he could have saved us from relegation, but I think most would have expected him to have us fighting a bit longer (even VT, with his claims we were relegated by October, had us going down through the play-offs after Shiels took over).

He's got his plan A and that's about it. And when he's did finally try something else it was disastrous. If his plan A (i.e. short passing game from the back) doesn't work next season we won't stand a chance of promotion - that's a risk I wouldnt take.

f**k knows why some Killie fans get all misty-eyed when reminiscing about Shiels. They almost got dragged into a relegation dog fight with an under prepared and very weak Dundee team at the arse end of last season FFS.

He talks a good game and obviously the more gullible Killie fans fell hook, line and sinker for his relentless, third person, self-promotion.

Jim Duffy talks a great game but he got us relegated twice.

Shiels is a dick.

Was a big part of the problem this season not players from other youth systems (Cham, McKee, Hands)? Adding to the players we had already taken from other youth set-ups, like Taggart, Archie, Fred. Isn't the problem that there was nothing there to ditch in the first place? Tidser and Millar are the exceptions to our terrible record of picking out and developing talented young players. "Previously successful method' - seriously?! List these other excellent players like Tidser then.

Last season under a correct approach Moore built a side with Rutkiewicz and McLaughlin at the back, Hardie and Tidser in midfield, and the second best forward in the league in the form of Peter MacDonald. It was quite clearly successful, as shown by the club attaining its highest league finish since the 1980s. And the fact of reconstruction over the summer removed the sole convincing reason for a 'restructure' of the first-team operations.

Within 10 months of the squad being deliberately broken up with the promise of jam tomorrow in the form of a youth academy based model, the first-team has sunk in a horrendously inept manner, while the club has lost a potential £200k prize-money windfall already with far more to be lost next season. It has already proven to be an utterly disastrous failure.

As for picking out players, that is solely dependent upon the club committing to an even basic level of scouting structure. Picking out players from formerly obscure markets has been the cornerstone of Morton's limited innovation, ever since the first round of Scandinavian signings. Even in the last decade Morton found an excellent midfielder playing in the lower levels of Swedish football, and of course passed over Michael Gardyne during his brief spell at the club in order to accommodate 'local boy' sand-dancer Jim McAlister in the first team.

Edited by vikingTON

At least you're not bothered enough to jump about red-dotting my posts :bairn

It's ok mate, I'll return the favour - I'm good like that:

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

You're not taking this well at all are you?

We already know that we've been relegated so can post your "Goodbye" pictures all you want. Still no where near as funny as yet another Dundee bottle crash!

We've had the privilege to destroy your season and watch all your fellow fans go into complete meltdown much to the amusement of everyone else on P&B :lol:

Pleasing :D

Edited by SuperTon

At least Novo got to f**k before Dougie tore him a new 1 in the press

Dougie's conduct in the media has been an absolute disgrace. It a source of embarrassment to have him associated with the club and it's time for him to go.

Now, that said, at least we stopped Dundee from getting promoted. Definitely the highlight of the season, followed distantly by the win over Celtic.