A great feeling at Cappielow..

Despite that defeat tonight, we have had our best season for years and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Our squad have put in a great effort and have unfortunately fallen short late in the season.

But How long will it be until we can realistically do it again?

It is very possible that this was Dougie's season to go for the SPL and spend a little extra money. And how has he been rewarded, 1500 and 1700 at our last two home games. Those two crowds combined almost would have been roughly how many we took to Thistle tonight, but every penny of that goes into Partick's pockets.

The support is clearly still there as tonight showed, but as a club we can't afford to have consistent attendances of under 2000.

I think we need a big crowd on Saturday to prove to Rae that the support is still there, otherwise it could be back to mediocrity next season.

Despite that, its been a great season and the players and management have done us all proud, taking us to our highest finish in years.

p_up.gif

^^^^^^^

Copied from the Morton forum :lol:

God you really are a miserable human being. :lol:

No equaliser then. Game over. Season over. Now for the recriminations.

Still! On the bright side, this wonderful thread is here for another season.

Just thought id add what a great feeling there is around Cappielow :P:thumsup2

*usual pish*

conrad_balatoni_zMZ5O6300.jpg

He was terrible though - that time Peaso headed the ball out and he gave us the throw...

We play well on the deck so why do we resort to long balls? Never works. Moore should have sorted that out pronto.

Thistle are a bunch of odious thugs. Cynical niggling all game. The SPL is welcome to them. On head to heads it is clear we are better at football than them - pity we screw it up against the likes of Hamilton.

We will win the title next season if we can build on the core of our current squad.

:lol::lol:

He was terrible though - that time Peaso headed the ball out and he gave us the throw...

We play well on the deck so why do we resort to long balls? Never works. Moore should have sorted that out pronto.

Thistle are a bunch of odious thugs. Cynical niggling all game. The SPL is welcome to them. On head to heads it is clear we are better at football than them - pity we screw it up against the likes of Hamilton.

We will win the title next season if we can build on the core of our current squad.

:lol::lol:

Accies would only have defeated them as usual in the penultimate game at Cappielow.Better it ended now.Task for Moore is to keep the confidenceup,but I wouldn't be surprised to see Morton go for Billy Reid as despite the disastrous last few years,he can get a side out of this League with the right backing.Whether Morton fans would accept his manner of football is for them to decide.

Accies would only have defeated them as usual in the penultimate game at Cappielow.Better it ended now.Task for Moore is to keep the confidenceup,but I wouldn't be surprised to see Morton go for Billy Reid as despite the disastrous last few years,he can get a side out of this League with the right backing.Whether Morton fans would accept his manner of football is for them to decide.

Funnily enough there are many fans on the Ton forum touting Reid as a possible replacement for Moore, you know what that means then.

_47761887_macpherson_466b.jpg

We'd be scooshing this league if we were in it this season. The difference in style of play and quality is massive.

SHERIDAN.jpg

We are better than you. By some distance. Enjoy next season's 1st Division, which I'm sure will be even merrier for you with a Mr John Brown at the helm.

Edited by messi's nightmare

We'd be scooshing this league if we were in it this season. The difference in style of play and quality is massive.

That's funny.

I was going to post just that.

post-1545-0-53551800-1365644457_thumb.jp

Due to issues with the website I was unable to congratulate Morton, yesterday, on the 90something or other anniversary of their splendid FA cup victory of 1922. Also the 101st anniversary of the Titanic hitting the iceberg...

Edited by jagfox

Due to issues with the website I was unable to congratulate Morton, yesterday, on the 90something or other anniversary of their splendid FA cup victory of 1922. Also the 101st anniversary of the Titanic hitting the iceberg...

JF do you think in 101 years time 'ton fans will be remembering when the their team hit a couple of Fife icebergs and sank without trace too?

JF do you think in 101 years time 'ton fans will be remembering when the their team hit a couple of Fife icebergs and sank without trace too?

Irrespective of future environment and weather conditions, the good ship Morton will still be hitting proverbial icebergs :whistle Edited by jagfox