A great feeling at Cappielow..

Taking the Morton job was a gamble career wise for Shiels . His stock would have still been reasonably high before the Cappielow job in that he could have got another SPL one but now ?

I dont see what Premiership club would have taken him. Certainly he was never going to upgrade from Kilmarnock. Hibs, St Johnstone and ICT didn't want him, who else would take him? If Lennon had been punted then maybe St Mirren, although the last thing St Mirren fans probably want after Lennon is another moron with a 'philosophy'. Ross County are probably the only ones who would have been interested, but there's no telling how long Adams will be there. His high profile due his gobshitery has tricked many fans into thinking he is a good manager (aka the Joey Barton effect), but clearly when club owners have sat down and looked at his record they've seen that he isn't very good.

Morton was a great job for him to get, a decent sized club with owners stupid enough to give you excessive amounts of money to blow on players. He had over half a season to save them (or at least show an improvement) and he seems to have just made things worse, having spent said excessive amounts on diddies.

He's always got the insurance of next season though. If they stay full-time next season and Dunfermline go up then they will win the league next season and his stock will have risen to a respectable level.

Dumbarton are the prime example of a very small part time club not only surviving but thriving at this level ...it's good for them obviously but proves how poor this division must be .....I don't think a part time club would survive in the conference for example

why does Dumbarton doing well prove this is a poor league? Arguably Dumbarton have better players than some of the full time teams, but these players choose to make their main living outside of football. For example, Chris Turner tuned down FT football with Morton (must be a relief for him now) to stay part time with us, because he could make better money with his other job as a fitness trainer

If you look at the PT teams, there are 2 or 3 there that would comfortably fit into most teams in the league

personally i judge how good the league is by how close the league is pointswise. For example....is the Premiership a good league? I woulpd argue no, because Celtic had won it before a ball was even kicked

personally i judge how good the league is by how close the league is pointswise. For example....is the Premiership a good league? I woulpd argue no, because Celtic had won it before a ball was even kicked

Which is an absolutely absurd criteria. This league is objectively rancid, far worse than any First Division that has preceded it, at least during Morton's spell here since 2007. The top sides in the 07-08 side would wipe the floor with the absolute mediocrities challenging at the top this season, and that isn't some rose-tinted nostalgia - we were shit that season too.

The reason why most teams can beat each other in this league is because none of them have the consistency required to maintain a challenge. Last year's Morton side would IMO be 15 points clear at the top of this pile.

Edited by vikingTON

What players would you have had to get you the 15 point gap? The same striker and left back that are currently playing in a team who are inconsistent in this rancid league?

Don't forget the midfielder they sold for a world record transfer fee, reflecting his high quality contributions.

The reason why most teams can beat each other in this league is because none of them have the consistency required to maintain a challenge. Last year's Morton side would IMO be 15 points clear at the top of this pile.

I would argue the reason why most teams can beat each other, is because there is not much between them ability wise....ie a close and competitive league

Good to see Morton fans resorting to the 'it's a shite league' line of defence. Less frequently used than the 'aye but both teams were shite' argument people use after a defeat but equally effective as an indicator of sour grapes. Brilliant

In what way is the above a 'defence' of a side that will finish bottom of said "shite league"? Be very specific.

Vintage Raith stupidity on display. :1eye

Where and when is the relegation party please? I'll need to make sure my diary is clear.

You could say it started way back but, really,TODAY must have sealed it.

Hard to see them doing anything much for the rest of the season.

May still be mathematically possible, but I doubt it, NO, they must be away now.

You could say it started way back but, really,TODAY must have sealed it.

Hard to see them doing anything much for the rest of the season.

May still be mathematically possible, but I doubt it, NO, they must be away now.

lol wut

We were relegated in October champ.