A great feeling at Cappielow..

Obviously, you're doing this deliberately now, but it's a strange outlook.

VT clearly is every bit as influential as people say - last time we were here I remember the sort of line above was one of his staples.

At that point though, only that embarrassing pre-pubescent twit, McKee, was making a big effort to emulate him. Now though, it seems to be fashionable among quite a few Morton fans to be wilfully obnoxious.

Well played VT, I say.

Why would I be deliberately trying to wind you up about this?

The best part of Palmerston in my opinion is the big terrace behind the goal. I'd love to be able to watch the matches from there when we visit. But unfortunately, Queens have allocated that to their own support. Quite rightly so, they're the ones who's money is coming in regularly, not mine. In the same breath, when the fence was up in the Cowshed, a quarter of the pitch was obscured by the fence if you watched the games from the back around the half way line. Now my view is almost completely unobscured. What business in the right mind would provide a poorer procuct or service to their most loyal customers merely to appease infrequent visitors who are merely visiting as loyal followers of a direct competitor?

Oh, this is good.

This thread was spawned in the white heat of a few early league wins two years ago.

Now, you're off again after a pre-season friendly for Christ's sake.

And I thought Rangers fans never learned.

Fantastic.

For someone who was telling us the other day he doesn't despise people for supporting other teams, the seethe is absolutely oozing out of you. We've just beaten our biggest rivals for the first time in 8 years, of course we're bloody happy about it. The post you quoted was merely a Morton fan saying the was a great feeling at Cappielow, not predicting we'd win the league.

Can I ask, at what point are people allowed to be happy about the success of their teams?

I'd suggest your absolute hatred for Morton is clouding your judgement here, but having read your 27 (twenty seven) post contribution to the debate about squad numbers, I'm pretty sure the Morton fans aren't the real problem in your tiny mixed up little head.

Edited by Toby

...Now my view is almost completely unobscured. What business in the right mind would provide a poorer procuct or service to their most loyal customers merely to appease infrequent visitors who are merely visiting as loyal followers of a direct competitor?

...For someone who was telling us the other day he doesn't despise people for supporting other teams, the seethe is absolutely oozing out of you. We've just beaten our biggest rivals for the first time in 8 years, of course we're bloody happy about it. The post you quoted was merely a Morton fan saying the was a great feeling at Cappielow, not predicting we'd win the league.

Can I ask, at what point are people allowed to be happy about the success of their teams?

I'd suggest your absolute hatred for Morton is clouding your judgement here, but having read your 27 (twenty seven) post contribution to the debate about squad numbers, I'm pretty sure the Morton fans aren't the real problem in your tiny mixed up little head.

Good Lord - what remarkable things to say.

On the first 'point', I've expressed no direct view on conditions at Cappielow for home or away fans. I have however suggested that it's a fairly juvenile (and clearly borrowed) view that keeps wishing to say how little regard should be shown to visiting fans.

As for the rest, I would really suggest growing up and getting to grips with how P&B works.

Of course I don't have hatred (absolute or otherwise) for Morton. Why the Hell would I? I feel that way towards only two clubs and ones like Morton are a bulwark against them, to be admired and respected.

This thread has represented good value for other fans because the good feeling which inspired its creation in 2011, very quickly evaporated. As I say in subsequent posts on here, Morton are entitled to feel a little upbeat at this stage - let's see how it goes.

The irony in using such a post to suggest that I'm seething and that my head is tiny and mixed up, will be lost on no adults who read it.

Morton are the team I fear most at the moment, mainly because of the unknown factor.

It never seems to be the team I think will challenge though!

You're right it's usually Dundee that's challenging.

McDaid played in a friendly on Saturday for us and was very impressive.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the first team squad quite a bit this season.

Cheers.

Arbroath was it? I could impress against Arbroath if I stayed off the drink the previous night. McDaid in the first team squad at SPL level? I'd be surprised too.

Still raging at last season. Pleasing.

Not at all. I'm not one for holding a grudge. I've just never been impressed with McDaid and never gave two hoots when he left, unlike some of my fellow fans. Fair play to the boy if he makes an impact at Thistle but I can't see it happening.