A great feeling at Cappielow..

So to conclude, Queen of the South failed to achieve a higher league finish, failed to win any trophy of significance, and ended the period back in their natural level: the seaside leagues, far behind Greenock Morton.

Cool story bro.

jq4akm.jpg

A nice if unsubtle attempt at a deflection VT, although as you are well aware we ended that period back in the first division, so I suppose it is our natural level.

Moving on and I have enjoyed this new element to the thread. What team are you putting under the spotlight tomorrow?

A nice if unsubtle attempt at a deflection VT, although as you are well aware we ended that period back in the first division, so I suppose it is our natural level.

No deflection whatsoever. To recap, Queen of the South had their best spell in their entire history, yet 1) finished the period doing an Ayr United between here and the seaside leagues, while 2) their highest league finish since the 1950s was easily surpassed by Morton in a single season. Which confirms Queen of the South's place as a particularly small diddy team, even by the exceptionally low benchmark of the field.

Meanwhile, your claim to being at your natural level is disproven by the fact that 20 of your last 37 seasons were spent at the level below. When it comes to disputing Fun With Facts, you'll have to do a lot better, and refer to erm, the facts.

Moving on and I have enjoyed this new element to the thread. What team are you putting under the spotlight tomorrow?

Fun With Facts is more of a feature-length showcase. Undoubtedly an Ayr United fan will get lost on their way to Methil, end up bizarrely on this thread, and Fun With Facts will return with gusto.

Morton do not have the record crowd for the Third Division.

Morton registered a league record for that division, defeating Peterhead 1-0, on 10 May 2003. This is a proven fact.

Fun With Facts has therefore registered and rejected your comment: for the reason that it doesn't contain relevant factual input.

I didn't say Morton were close to Partick Thistle: thanks for playing anyway. 

Fun With Facts prides itself on maintaining relevant facts, rather than insipid straw man observations. 

Here's a fun fact: Morton are terrible.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Morton registered a league record for that division, defeating Peterhead 1-0, on 10 May 2003. This is a proven fact.

Fun With Facts has therefore registered and rejected your comment: for the reason that it doesn't contain relevant factual input.

That is not a league record crowd.

No higher crowd had been registered in that division prior to May 10 2003, therefore it quite clearly is a league record crowd.

It was a league record crowd at the time, it is not now.

Falkirk helped Partick Thistle register a record crowd for last season on August 11 2012 :1eye

Here's a fun fact: Morton are terrible.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

You appear to be having some issues with the definition of 'fact'. As a result Fun With Facts rejects your contribution.

Which, given the identity of the poster, was to be expected.