A great feeling at Cappielow..

Agreed.

This thread exists so that people can come and laugh at Morton's hapless followers after predictable debacles.

Mundane news about anonymous signings should be discussed elsewhere.

You signed Iain Russell.

greggy.png

Nuff said.

This is why I was asking if Morton are ready for the SPL next season.

If they are going to find it difficult in SFL 1 then the SPL could be a disaster for Morton when Hearts are punted before next season starts.

We struggled and that was with a team that massacred a Morton team in the cup.

On the bright side you won't have to put up with the Hearts/Hibs shitfest on every thread. ;)

Nae luck Dees....Gilzean and Ure are not an option.

Indeed, having one specific thread for a club which all news goes into is shite. The threads are generally boring as f**k and when something that is actually worth talking about comes around, it gets lost amongst the tedious crap. For example, the Thomson and Willis ferret incident was only discussed within the Dunfermline thread last season, surrounded by stuff no one other than Dunfermline fans could care much about, instead of getting a dedicated thread where it could have had great potential for hilarity.

If something's worth talking about it'll get it's own thread, don't see why we can't put all signing news into the dedicated divisional thread.

Agreed. The First Division forum is hideously boring at the minute, all thanks to these awful club pages. They take up 6 of the top 8 threads at the minute. Ridiculous.

Agreed. The First Division forum is hideously boring at the minute, all thanks to these awful club pages. They take up 6 of the top 8 threads at the minute. Ridiculous.

I think a lot of those threads were created to try and discourage P&B's resident trolls from ruining threads with their tedious, repetitive shite.

You know who to thank for them now.

Agreed.

This thread exists so that people can come and laugh at Morton's hapless followers after predictable debacles.

What with Queens' humiliating relegation to the seaside leagues, and Morton's best league finish since 95-96 (and I believe, a high league placing that your side has never achieved in the First Division), I can certainly see why you stuck around.

I think a lot of those threads were created to try and discourage P&B's resident trolls from ruining threads with their tedious, repetitive shite.

You know who to thank for them now.

No, they were created as a refuge for diddy team fans whose own club forums (eg Raith Fantalk) were so unremittingly shite that their self-proclaimed 'better' posters migrated to discuss their banal, insular pish on here.

Greenock Morton is obviously too big a deal to be constricted in such a manner.

Since we're warming to the theme of the thread, let's play the always fun game of Fun Facts. Tonight's topic: Queen of the South.

Fun fact: Since reconstruction in 1976, they have spent no less than 20 seasons in the seaside leagues.

:lol:

Bonus fun fact: their highest league finish in all those (37) years was, chortle, 4th in the First Division.

Double bonus fun fact: Queen of the South haven't finished higher in the pyramid than Morton did, in the latter club's pleasing 2012/13 season, since 1956.

Facts are fun.

Edited by vikingTON

Since we're warming to the theme of the thread, let's play the always fun game of Fun Facts. Tonight's topic: Queen of the South.

Fun fact: Since reconstruction in 1976, they have spent no less than 20 seasons in the seaside leagues.

Bonus fun fact: their highest league finish in all those (37) years was, chortle, 4th in the First Division.

Double bonus fun fact: Queen of the South haven't finished higher in the pyramid than Morton did, in the latter club's pleasing 2012/13 season, since 1956.

Facts are fun.

Aww naw!

The boring laddie has been bothering Google again.

What with Queens' humiliating relegation to the seaside leagues, and Morton's best league finish since 95-96 (and I believe, a high league placing that your side has never achieved in the First Division), I can certainly see why you stuck around.

Our record breaking visit to the second division was very enjoyable thank you very much.

On the topic of the slumming about the seaside leagues, I am sure you will be familiar with this. After all, Morton made a fist of trying to get out of it for a number of years.

Not to mention the utter humiliation of a visit to the third division for good measure. You will of course note Queens have never suffered that particular embarrassment.

Mind you, Morton would have been back a lot quicker if the players hadn't decided to pick up the bookies cash.

Our record breaking visit to the second division was very enjoyable thank you very much.

On the topic of the slumming about the seaside leagues, I am sure you will be familiar with this. After all, Morton made a fist of trying to get out of it for a number of years.

I think we'll have to defer to the experts on this one. Morton's longest stint in the seaside leagues was six years (in a total of seven), whereas Queen of the South spent no less than 13 consecutive seasons milling around with the Brechins and Forfars of this game. Indeed, given you have spent 20 of your last 37 years there, it's your natural level.

How utterly embarrassing.

Not to mention the utter humiliation of a visit to the third division for good measure.

Erm yes, that would be the visit in which a post-admin Morton side won the league at the first attempt, registering a league record crowd (higher than any Queen of the South crowd at Palmerston in modern times) on the day the league was won.

I think all of the above makes it perfectly clear to see who the eternal diddies are in this particular comparison. Even Raith Rovers, Dumbarton and Ayr are bigger and more successful clubs than you.

Gutted for you.

greggy.png

Edited by vikingTON

Devastated that a brilliant and not boring at all poster like yourself would write that. For the record, both Raith and QotS will comfortably finish above Morton next season.

Let's see, Andy C. and making desperate, seethe-fuelled predictions... I believe we have a precedent for this:

Will vikingTon ever learn to avoid bold predictions every season?

He's predicted that Morton would finish at least 5 places above their capabilities for the last three seasons, been heartily laughed at by the supporters of the superior Raith Rovers but still predicts that Morton will finish above them in the futile hope that it will actually happen one of these seasons and he'll eventually be proven right.

Give up, man! Your team just aren't good enough to finish anywhere near the top half.

Fact(s are fun) check:

2012/13 - Morton 2nd

Raith nowhere

Gutted for you.

greggy.png

I think we'll have to defer to the experts on this one. Morton's longest stint in the seaside leagues was six years (in a total of seven), whereas Queen of the South spent no less than 13 consecutive seasons milling around with the Brechins and Forfars of this game. Indeed, given you have spent 20 of your last 37 years there, it's your natural level.

How utterly embarrassing.

Erm yes, that would be the visit in which a post-admin Morton side won the league at the first attempt, registering a league record crowd (higher than any Queen of the South crowd at Palmerston in modern times) on the day the league was won.

I think all of the above makes it perfectly clear to see who the eternal diddies are in this particular comparison. Even Raith Rovers, Dumbarton and Ayr are bigger and more successful clubs than you.

Gutted for you.

All very interesting VT, however, I have some fun facts of my own. Over the 13 full seasons played since the start of the century Queens have finished higher than Morton on ten occasions. Mind you, two of Morton's three higher place finishes have come in the last two seasons, so well done on that.

On closer inspection we find Morton have spent six of those 13 seasons at the seaside, one of them of course was in the third (a league Queens have never played in) when Morton claimed a record crowd for the 'last' game of the season. Again, well done on that and hopefully they will all come back and watch Morton soon.

In that same period Queens have won two second division Championships, two diddy cups, appeared in the Scottish Cup final and played in Europe. Morton on the other hand have won a third and a second division title.

Based on recent history we can draw our own conclusions as to which team has fared better. :P

All very interesting VT, however, I have some fun facts of my own. Over the 13 full seasons played since the start of the century Queens have finished higher than Morton on ten occasions. Mind you, two of Morton's three higher place finishes have come in the last two seasons, so well done on that.

On closer inspection we find Morton have spent six of those 13 seasons at the seaside, one of them of course was in the third (a league Queens have never played in) when Morton claimed a record crowd for the 'last' game of the season. Again, well done on that and hopefully they will all come back and watch Morton soon.

In that same period Queens have won two second division Championships, two diddy cups, appeared in the Scottish Cup final and played in Europe. Morton on the other hand have won a third and a second division title.

Based on recent history we can draw our own conclusions as to which team has fared better. :P

So to conclude, Queen of the South failed to achieve a higher league finish, failed to win any trophy of significance, and ended the period back in their natural level: the seaside leagues, far behind Greenock Morton.

Cool story bro.