A great feeling at Cappielow..

Ah, great to see this dear old thread back in such rude health.

Really looking forward to next season when we can resume the great feelings we tend to get on virtually every visit to Cappielow.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Correct! His first game in interim charge at Cappielow is the only game he hasnt won and even that was a game we blew due to Murrays stupidity on two counts (the penalty and the sending off)

In our last 11 games we have had 10 wins and one draw which is an incredible performance from the players

Archies record

P 9 W 8 D 1 L 0 F 24 A 4 PTS 25

You do realise we always seem to f**k up runs of whoever, and we are also famous for ending runs positively or negatively.

You're all desperately trying to beat a dead horse here when in fact we've had our most successful season in years, finishing second to a very good thistle team.

No, you'll finish second in the worst first division ever. Nothing to beat your chest about.

No, you'll finish second in the worst first division ever. Nothing to beat your chest about.

Says who? Morton are on course for 70 points or more this season. Whether we go up or not it would be a remarkable season considering the 5 that have gone before it. Most fans in the division would have loved to have had the run we have this season. I definitely have anyway.

Still a far better season than we've had in ages and while obviously we'll be disappointed as it looks like thistle will just have the edge on us, it's not the disaster that some people on here are making it out to be.

Still a far better season than we've had in ages and while obviously we'll be disappointed as it looks like thistle will just have the edge on us, it's not the disaster that some people on here are making it out to be.

Thistle are the only competition.

Say's who ? Morton are on course for 70 points or more this season. Whether we go up or not it would be a remarkable season considering the 5 that have gone before it. Most fans in the division would have loved to have had the run we have this season. I definitely have anyway.

Mate, you know so. The drop in standards is evident for everyone.

Mate, you know so. The drop in standards is evident for everyone.

So we hear every year. This has been a great season for Morton either way and an even better one for Thistle so far. Your definition of standards is subjective but the points on the board are a fact and that's what makes success, not your opinion about how good the opposition were.

I don't think the league is great either but Morton (and obviously Thistle) are having a tremendous crack at it.

I don't buy this drop in standards stuff. The teams at the bottom (Airdrie aside) are probably putting up more of a fight than QoS did last season, regardless of their part-time status. Falkirk/Raith/Hamilton are as average and run-of-the-mill as ever. Livingston have arguably improved this season. Thistle and Morton this season are two of the best sides this division has seen in a number of years, and that's why they are on course to pick up a far superior points tally to previous winners.

Still though, this thread :lol:

I don't buy this drop in standards stuff. The teams at the bottom (Airdrie aside) are probably putting up more of a fight than QoS did last season, regardless of their part-time status. Falkirk/Raith/Hamilton are as average and run-of-the-mill as ever. Livingston have arguably improved this season. Thistle and Morton this season are two of the best sides this division has seen in a number of years, and that's why they are on course to pick up a far superior points tally to previous winners.

Still though, this thread :lol:

^ Sense. I suppose it depends on your perspective. From up here the league looks alright, ha.

So we hear every year. This has been a great season for Morton either way and an even better one for Thistle so far. Your definition of standards is subjective but the points on the board are a fact and that's what makes success, not your opinion about how good the opposition were.

I don't think the league is great either but Morton (and obviously Thistle) are having a tremendous crack at it.

Don't get me wrong gigi, you're one of the good guys on here. Only saying you had a decent squad last season too, and you finished 7th. It's definately not to do with your managers inginuity (sorry for spelling) that your team have been tipped for the title this year. The league is a lot weaker imo.

Don't get me wrong gigi, you're one of the good guys on here. Only saying you had a decent squad last season too, and you finished 7th. It's definately not to do with your managers inginuity (sorry for spelling) that your team have been tipped for the title this year. The league is a lot weaker imo.

Our squad last season was mince compared to this season which is why we're much further up the table, nothing to do with the quality of the league. You could make a case that because 2 teams went up to the SPL and 3 teams came up from the 2nd division that would make a slight difference but other than that the quality of the league is the same.

Says who? Morton are on course for 70 points or more this season. Whether we go up or not it would be a remarkable season considering the 5 that have gone before it. Most fans in the division would have loved to have had the run we have this season. I definitely have anyway.

All true, but it's not really the point, is it?

After such labouring, this really did look like the season it might happen for you.

It now looks like it won't and it must be a bit sickening.

Of course, the entire point of this thread was all about hilarious hubris at the start of what turned into a disappointing last season. That's what makes it an amusing place to visit when things don't go to plan.

Morton have done well this season, but it looks as if they won't do well enough. With a really excellent side joining the division next year (and I'm not meaning Dundee) you wonder if they'll get as good a chance again for a while.

Morton have done well this season, but it looks as if they won't do well enough. With a really excellent side joining the division next year (and I'm not meaning Dundee) you wonder if they'll get as good a chance again for a while.

I appreciate the irony of said hubris.

Also, for all it will take a large collapse for Thistle not to win it, our chance isn't quite over yet.

Last season we didn't have Graham, Hardie, Rutkiewicz, Gaston, Taggart, Dyer, McLaughlin etc. Coupled with Tidser coming to prominence with a fine and high scoring season, this season's squad is vastly superior. I put it down to the players as much as the manager for the improvement.