A great feeling at Cappielow..

Their fans are as guilty as their manager. We would never win all our games in hand (we have)

This one I'm guilty of, and under McNamara, I still think this would have been the case. The Archibald appointment was always an unknown and I'm not sure anyone could really know what was coming after that. It turned out to be a massive boost, that then got boosted some more by him being appointed as manager. It also helps that the team has just simply been better and don't look like slipping, which makes you wonder just how good McNamara was in the first place, and how big this gap COULD have been.

There are still a few twists and turns to come yet but victory in our next two league games will just about finish them off

I could be wrong, but has Archibald not lost something like two points since taking charge? We'd be relying on you dropping points in three of your next games and then taking advantage of that ourselves. I can't really see that happening.

I'm just hoping that we can go on as we have been doing, win most of the rest of our games and end with the heads held high. If that's how the rest of the season goes, then regardless of who wins the league, I'll be pretty happy with it.

I think Morton might be better off not winning the league especially as there is a chance the ground requirements may change or even disappear. You could spend a lot of money putting in seats at Cappielow for them to be deemed completely unnecessary.

Improvements started back in January, this is either the new sitting or shitting experience, you chose.

post-31698-0-15513600-1364820234_thumb.j

I could be wrong, but has Archibald not lost something like two points since taking charge?

Correct! His first game in interim charge at Cappielow is the only game he hasnt won and even that was a game we blew due to Murrays stupidity on two counts (the penalty and the sending off)

In our last 11 games we have had 10 wins and one draw which is an incredible performance from the players

Archies record

P 9 W 8 D 1 L 0 F 24 A 4 PTS 25

Edited by Sting777

It's been a great season and for all those running Morton down for falling away/failing, if you're not closer to us than we are to Thistle, please observe my middle finger. Our squad was built for a tilt at the title and it's credit to the chairman, the manager and the squad that we'll either do that or be agonisingly just short.

Morton do have to figure out how best to run the club and where we are heading to, and to try for the SPL title this season was to go for the quick fix. I think we need to build now and the recent establishment of a decent youth set up and community engagement is a great first step. We're very fortunate to have a Chairman who loves the club and has sunk a fair chunk of his own money to keep us afloat.

Scottish football as a whole has deep rooted issues to address, more and more clubs look like they may go to the wall, and it's turning into a self interested battle to be amongst the last ones standing. I hope my club is one of those to remain and this season gives me hope that we will be.