A great feeling at Cappielow..

Perhaps it's time to do a quick check on the normal contributors to the thread who haven't been on for a while: the P&B equivalent of checking to see if milk bottles are piling up at their door. The only side to be in a better position than ourselves is Ross County: Dundee are hopelessly sinking back down, hopefully in place of ourselves. Raith, Falkirk etc are as ever completely irrelevant to the business end of the division. But let's spare a thought for Ayr: just last year they were telling us about how great their side was, now they sit 8th in the Second Division having been pumped again today. Third Division beckons IMO.

Shame really.

greggy.png

Morton look like winning this league by default, seen as Dunfermline and Partick are doing their best to throw it away. Hopefully one of them gets some form back and makes a fight of it, or even Livi to win their games in hand and mount a challenge. In any normal season, rubbish like Morton shouldn't be winning this league.

Morton look like winning this league by default, seen as Dunfermline and Partick are doing their best to throw it away. Hopefully one of them gets some form back and makes a fight of it, or even Livi to win their games in hand and mount a challenge. In any normal season, rubbish like Morton shouldn't be winning this league.

Desperately wishing that your 'hated rivals' would win the league ahead of Morton: I believe we've entered an entire new level of seethe.

Desperately wishing that your 'hated rivals' would win the league ahead of Morton: I believe we've entered an entire new level of seethe.

:lol: I'd rather that Partick or Livi pipped Morton to the winning post. I would rather Morton won it over the Pars.

We've got half the Dunfermline team that won it a couple of years ago complimented with swashbuckling young talent such as Tidser, Bachirou, Campbell and Taggart. I don't remember anyone bitching that they weren't good enough. Plenty of tears when it comes to Morton putting a good team together for a change.

Sense a meltdown next week when Livi thump the Greenock mob.

Won't happen. Morton fans on here are more often than not gratuitous losers. We're just terrible winners. Was nice of Falkirk fans to get in first though to take the heat off us before we could get going.

You're a sad, strange little man and you have my pity.

Can't understand this view Morton shouldn't be up there. Any team there deserves it. I felt during the summer their one problem might have been their lack of a distinguished goalscorer. In that respect, they have Campbell on top of midfielders with records of getting goals. Even the likes of Bachirou are getting goals now which wasn't happening before.

Even the likes of Bachirou are getting goals now which wasn't happening before.

Bachirou scored one goal last season, and has one goal this season. Hopefully he can chip in with a few more though as he has been getting forward more now that we have Hardie to sit in front of the defence, which is what Fred was mainly brought in for.

It is nice to see midfield get few goals though. Hardie, Tidser and O'Brien have all scored a decent amount this season - long may it continue!

1358115405[/url]' post='6982611']

Not a problem with Morton winning it really. No particular ill feelings toward them or the Jags. Moorey & Jackie are good guys.

Yeah same here but only hope it's not you guys who win it as Jimmy & Jeffery is a c**t...

Can't understand this view Morton shouldn't be up there. Any team there deserves it. I felt during the summer their one problem might have been their lack of a distinguished goalscorer. In that respect, they have Campbell on top of midfielders with records of getting goals. Even the likes of Bachirou are getting goals now which wasn't happening before.

We have Archie and MacDonald, who can both score goals, except they're injured. Were they fit one of them would be at or near the top of the scoring charts. We don't have an issue with scoring - it's conceding that's our problem. We have a title-winning attack and a mid-table defence.

• 3 weeks later...
Is the great feeling that Morton will need to sign 11 New players if they win the league?

Oh and a manager wi a clue how to handle SPL teams.

Probably been asked but what's their stadium situation? That might prove prohibitive in terms of wages.

Probably been asked but what's their stadium situation? That might prove prohibitive in terms of wages.

They have the old stand from St Mirren to get erected upon promotion.

In terms of upgrading Cappielow, a billion pounds should make it presentable and fit for humans.

They have the old stand from St Mirren to get erected upon promotion.

In terms of upgrading Cappielow, a billion pounds should make it presentable and fit for humans.

That isnt really an issue as stadium requirements are gonna be relaxed anyway.