A great feeling at Cappielow..

Where's the cash coming from? You bought our old Love Street end stand and couldn't afford to erect it. There's also a rumour that Rae has told your manager to do well, but not well enough to actually win the league... can't afford to go up.

I'd love nothing more than to see Renfrewshire derbies in the SPL by the way, so I'm not trying to be funny - I just don't see you being allowed up, unless you pull a huge rabbit out of a hat and attain SPL stadium compliance. Falkirk were knocked back - the suits in charge have previous in this area.

You'll be fcuked if Aberdeen or Hibs finish bottom - there would be dodgy league reconstruction before you could say boo to a goose.

Dougie Rae is a multi millionaire. If we win the league, Cappielow will be made compliant.

Dougie Rae is the richest chairman in the SFL bar none. In fact he's probably got more cash than most of the SPL chairmen.

Morton truly are the richest team in this division, and yet another award gets stuck on the Greenock Morton fridge.

Dougie Rae is a multi millionaire. If we win the league, Cappielow will be made compliant.

Good stuff. Crack on with winning the league and we've got full-house derbies to look forward to at the Cappielow Upgraded New Topflight Stadium.

Well, I think it's a good name!

My academic career is/was quite impressive, Edinburgh is my Alma Mater.

However had I got a 3 in woodwork and a 5 in home ec, you wouldn't have caught me spongeing of my mum and dad.

You seem immature, spoiled and a bit of a mummy's boy to be honest.

^^^staggering around trying to justify himself on the internet to an 18 year old boy

How embarrassing.

Good stuff. Crack on with winning the league and we've got full-house derbies to look forward to at the Cappielow Upgraded New Topflight Stadium.

Well, I think it's a good name!

Short reply as I was watching Spooks!

Cappielow needs 6000 all covered seats. The St Mirren stand is in storage and has not gone up so far because of the poor away crowds in the SFL. Why spend the money when it's not needed? All the planning consents are in place, however. Covering the WDE gives us nearly 6000 seats and installing modular seating in the cowshed which can easily be removed if we get relegated is relatively cheap. That would take total seats to around 7000 and we could get another 1000 or so by installing a gazebo type stand in the Sinclair St end.

USH can be installed over the close season but we would hope the SPL can be persuaded that modern pitch covers which protect down to -8C is both more cost effective for everyone and better for the condition of the pitch. If it's colder than that the game would be off for crowd safety.

Dougie Rae wants nothing more than us to be in the SPL again and he will be prepared to pay for it.

Upgrading toilets and providing TV gantries are all reasonably cheap so it should not be an issue. The ground was safe enough for 11,000 at our cup tie a couple of years ago against Celtic so why would it not be for average SPL gates of half that at best?

USH can be installed over the close season but we would hope the SPL can be persuaded that modern pitch covers which protect down to -8C is both more cost effective for everyone and better for the condition of the pitch. If it's colder than that the game would be off for crowd safety.

I'm afraid that expecting the SPL to listen to sensible comments is just not a realistic prospect.

I'm afraid that expecting the SPL to listen to sensible comments is just not a realistic prospect.

Especially if they are looking for a way to keep Aberdeen or Hibs up! We'll be fine though if Caley stay bottom as they don't like travelling to Inverness! (they put up with Aberdeen due to their travelling support!)

A big improvement yesterday to 2600. I suspect we'll see more of those jumps to come if we maintain our good form.

Re: your earlier post about Morton having a plan of action should they win promotion - super stuff. I made my original post asking about your stadium because I did not know the situation.

Best wishes for the rest of the campaign, hope Morton come up. The recent 4-3 game was a belter... more of the same on league business, in front of passionate sell-out crowds please!

2 more wins and you'll be at the 4,000 mark, I'm sure.

With the mindless arrogance wafting from some Greenock fans, some of the auld firm greenockians will soon forgo their fortnightly jaunts to Glasgow and glory stalk their local team. Well here's hoping anyway :)

Edited by jagfox

With the mindless arrogance wafting from some Greenock fans, some of the auld firm greenockians will soon forgo their fortnightly jaunts to Glasgow and glory stalk their local team.

Believe it or not, they did it when we were in the second division in the mid 90s. Not out of the question.

Believe it or not, they did it when we were in the second division in the mid 90s. Not out of the question.

Likewise at Firhill in the forgotten years when we were in sphell we must of had our share. Bottom line is success on the park brings the punters in. So fair play to the Ton, apart from Friday obviously...

*insert soap avoidance/ benefit claim jibe*

^^^staggering around trying to justify himself on the internet to an 18 year old boy

How embarrassing.

I know you're a mummy's boy but in case you haven't noticed there is no boys gate, no lads and dads section, on Pie and Bovril. We are all equal on this site.

Time to stop pissing your pants.

So, very embarrassing for you to think your age should make a difference, but not for me.

This is a bit like your exam results - 'must try harder'.