6 ---> G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about if I do some research and pick out 5-8 bets I fancy, and accumulator them instead of just choosing bets that look good on paper. They must be more likely to come up? And accumulators appeal to me more, they are more fun instead of shiting myself on one big one.

I know it's not much but I hate losing money, and I want it back. I don't feel like I'm going to do that by splashing tenners on singles.

If you're shite at singles you're not going to fare much better putting on a line where you have to get not just one but numerous err, singles to make any money. If you really want to cut your losses either do more research before you bet or simply don't gamble at all.

Agreed, £10 is acceptable, but that's it. I've tried a couple and failed on each. Shall try again at some point.

Lambie himself has been rather absent for a while. Not blaming him, I'd still be raging!!

Taking a sabbatical after the £500 loss but still checking on the others.

What about if I do some research and pick out 5-8 bets I fancy, and accumulator them instead of just choosing bets that look good on paper. They must be more likely to come up? And accumulators appeal to me more, they are more fun instead of shiting myself on one big one.

Fuck sake. :lol:

No wonder you're losing money!

You want me to explain why a 5-8 team accumulator is less likely to win than a single that looks like good value? :wacko:

If you win one 5-8 team accy and lose 9 in a row, you'll probably still be in the money (depending on the odds). With singles, you're losing a decent amount of money whenever you lose. Of course it's more likely to come up than a accy, but there's no harm putting 5-8 temas that look good value into an accy, is there?

If you win one 5-8 team accy and lose 9 in a row, you'll probably still be in the money (depending on the odds). With singles, you're losing a decent amount of money whenever you lose. Of course it's more likely to come up than a accy, but there's no harm putting 5-8 temas that look good value into an accy, is there?

How many accumulators do you think would actually win out of 10? Using that logic I suppose I should just stick 20 team accys on every week, I might lose shitloads but if one ever comes up I'll be minted!

Bookies make a lot of money from people who have that approach to betting.

How many accumulators do you think would actually win out of 10? Using that logic I suppose I should just stick 20 team accys on every week, I might lose shitloads but if one ever comes up I'll be minted!

Bookies make a lot of money from people who have that approach to betting.

Out of ten 40/1 accumulators, although the odds suggest otherwise, I reckon I should be winning 1 out of every 10, if research was done and I really fancied the teams. But what I'm saying is that I WON'T lose shitloads, these are small stakes that wont hurt as much as spunking tenners on losing singles. Yes they build up, but the occasional accy win will cover that. I don't understand how people can lose so much by just doing accumulators, as long as you keep it sensible and not be tempted to go big to win your money back (something I'm admittedly guilty of doing, hence being left £50 down!) so I don't believe singles are the way to win money.

Out of ten 40/1 accumulators, although the odds suggest otherwise, I reckon I should be winning 1 out of every 10, if research was done and I really fancied the teams. But what I'm saying is that I WON'T lose shitloads, these are small stakes that wont hurt as much as spunking tenners on losing singles. Yes they build up, but the occasional accy win will cover that. I don't understand how people can lose so much by just doing accumulators, as long as you keep it sensible and not be tempted to go big to win your money back (something I'm admittedly guilty of doing, hence being left £50 down!) so I don't believe singles are the way to win money.

Kindly sod off.

You're the one losing money but hey, feel free to ignore good advice.

Akpo, this is an interesting thread because its high risk, not because its successful or profitable. This is an accumulator of sorts, and 6 teams at evens is a horrible idea for an accy (still good reading though). If you want to make money you have to take risks, if you just want to add a bit of interest with low risk then put on trebles (you do understand the more games you put on the higher the risk?). Personally I put on 2 outrageous 8-12 team accy's and 2 relatively safe 6 team accy's. I'll then do a 'banker' accy where I take almost sure things and double chances to ensure I get my stake back. Sorry for the irrelevant interuption to the thread, continue your stories.

I'll be starting this again this Saturday.

Teams who's prices are Evens or thereabouts that I like the look of are Swansea, Newcastle, Tottenham, Burnley, Bristol City, West Ham, Brentford, Port Vale, St Johnstone, Inverness, Stenhousemuir

Obviously that's just looking at the prices and the opposition, I'll give them a check through tomorrow after work and Saturday morning as well.

I might put a £1 accy on them all though. ph34r.gif

Archived