Dota 2

banana

• 4 months later...

Bump.

The International 6 gets underway.

Predictions for the biggest and best E-sports competition in the world? Must be some serious action on OG capping off a dominant year. Can EG become the first team to retain?

So many teams can legit win this. OG would also be my bet, but have a sneaky feeling that Kuro is going to outstrat Liquid to the title.

Just hope for some epic games and drama!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So, OG win another major and patch 7.00 is out next week, ending the 11-year '6.xx' era. 

Except no one knows what the patch will include yet since Valve just brought the largest DDoS of all time on themselves by having a stupid countdown timer on the page and inviting literally the whole player base to spam refresh at the exact same fucking time. Good one Gabe.

Holy cockwhippets, some update. Haven't had a chance to play yet, but the Talent Tree stuff looks like the kind of injection of major new strategizing options that will keep the game fresh for years. New loading screen is a great idea too.

The new in game UI is good as well, would like if they added the usual stats and creep score back though without having to press alt for everything.

Some people are sitting themselves over talent trees but I like it. Seems like supports will be much stronger in the mid game this patch.

54 minutes ago, Ramagamma said:

I don't like the look of the new patch, i hope it makes the pro game interesting to watch because i think I'm done with dota as a player.

That's really bizarre if you haven't even played yet. I've had a go on the test client. It's different, just requires some adaptation. But definitely a lot of fun changes.