The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Burnley get a point at the London stadium. Could have been worse, they missed a penalty just before half time to make it 2-0. Moyes not as big an Everton legend as he was before kick off...

Everton 3 points in front of Burnley with a (must win) game in hand. Nervy stuff.

Going by their current form, they won't be taking too many points from it, and a draw's not much use with the current goal difference.

Edited by Jacksgranda

On 10/04/2022 at 17:01, Jacksgranda said:

Everton would need to be safe when they pitch up at the Emirates on the last day of the season, as they won't be getting anything there. Meanwhile Burnley will entertain Newcastle, who will have nothing to play for.

I reckon the Toffees need at least nine points. Where from? Leicester City (H), Brentford (H), Crystal Palace (H). Maybe a bonus draw against Chelsea (H). Their horrendous away form precludes much hope, perhaps a draw at Leicester and/or Watford. Seems doable, particularly if you say it quick. Null points against Liverpool (A) and Arsenal (A). However, what are the chances of a team winning 3 out of 8, when they've only won 8 out of 30?

They also have to hope that Burnley don't pick up more than 11 points from WHU (A), Southampton (H), Wolves (H), Watford (A), Aston Villa (H), Spurs (A), Aston Villa (A) and Newcastle (H). I can see 4 home wins there, never mind anything away, so the Blues have no room for manoeuvre.

And Watford on 22 points aren't out of it with home games against both Burnley and Everton, although they have only 7 games left, but they also have Brentford and Leicester at home.

1 point out of the required 9. (Although only 1 of the teams has been played and Liverpool was a no hoper.) Need a win against Chelsea. How likely is that?

Meanwhile Burnley already have 7. They must be looking at a minimum of 6 more.

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Don’t Everton have a bizarrely good record against Chelsea?

Chelsea haven't taken the 3 points at Goodison since 2017, Everton have won the last 3. They also took a point at Stamford Bridge earlier this season. I'm oddly optimistic, same as i was more optimistic about taking points against Man Utd a couple of weeks ago than i was Leicester. They do seem to turn up at home against the fancied teams for some reason. 

Either way, the game in hand is Watford, followed by Brentford at home in the same week that Burnley only play once (Spurs away) so to say Burnley only need to match Everton results is completely wide of the mark. All the same it maybe should be Leeds United fixtures that Everton should be looking at now, with an arguably harder run in than Burnley have (they play City, Arsenal, Chelsea consecutively in the same period that Everton play Chelsea, Leicester, Watford) 

Edited by Christophe

Seismic result for Everton, it really is. You look at the fixtures left now and you’d say that Everton probably have the more favourable run in compared to Leeds and Burnley. Okay, Leicester away next will be tough however you hope that Leicester are tired after trying to progress to the Europa Conference League final.

Recruitment for The Ev has been terrible.
FRMpw6KXsAE-1pC?format=jpg&name=large

Remember when they paid £25 million for Jean-Philippe Gbamin?
Me neither.

They've been a bit of a mess, but this only tells half the story. Their wage bill is nowhere near Liverpool's.

Yaaaas, 3 vital points for the Toffees, AWAY from home, to boot.

7 points from my projections +2 on my forecasts, from the last 4 fixtures.

Burnley and Leeds losing helps immensely. 

Edited by Jacksgranda
Update

Leicester away looked immense, unfortunately i couldn't get a sniff of a ticket. I am going to Watford on Wednesday though and hugely looking forward to it for once! 

If results go the right way Everton can be safe before they kick a ball on sunday at 4:30pm. (Everton beat Watford wednesday, Leeds lose to Chelsea wednesday and lose or draw against Brighton on Sunday 2pm).

Huge "ifs" but can you imagine 2 weeks ago having the chance to be safe with 3 games still to play!

On 10/05/2022 at 00:30, Christophe said:

Leicester away looked immense, unfortunately i couldn't get a sniff of a ticket. I am going to Watford on Wednesday though and hugely looking forward to it for once! 

If results go the right way Everton can be safe before they kick a ball on sunday at 4:30pm. (Everton beat Watford wednesday, Leeds lose to Chelsea wednesday and lose or draw against Brighton on Sunday 2pm).

Huge "ifs" but can you imagine 2 weeks ago having the chance to be safe with 3 games still to play!

'Twould be nice.

I've a horrible feeling it might go to the wire. I'd be happy with a point tomorrow, tbqh, but hope it's a massive away win (or even 1-0) for your sake! :lol:

Edited by Jacksgranda
Grandma