The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

On 03/04/2022 at 16:03, Jacksgranda said:

Unexpected away goal but still null points.

Another defeat upcoming at Turf Moor, I fear.

That's it boys. The end of 68 years in the top flight. And they won't be coming back anyway fast.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Will Everton start next season potentially in the Championship and potentially with a points deduction and transfer ban ?

I think one out of three's enough.

15 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Will Everton start next season potentially in the Championship and potentially with a points deduction and transfer ban ?

A transfer ban might not go amiss considering the shite that has been bought this last wee while.

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

Can't rule out Lampard getting employed again. An utterly dreadful manager that seems to fail upwards with the help of his uncle's contact book. 

I don’t know, surely club chairmen must realise by now he’s a pretty awful manager?

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

It'll be done and dusted by 2.15 today, after United win. Watford will then beat Leeds and it'll be Goodnight, Vienna.

Just now, jamamafegan said:

You were saying? emoji57.png

Just postponing the inevitable.

However, YAAAAS, Frankies Fusiliers live to fight another day.

Mind you, that was a looooong 45 minutes.

Everton would need to be safe when they pitch up at the Emirates on the last day of the season, as they won't be getting anything there. Meanwhile Burnley will entertain Newcastle, who will have nothing to play for.

I reckon the Toffees need at least nine points. Where from? Leicester City (H), Brentford (H), Crystal Palace (H). Maybe a bonus draw against Chelsea (H). Their horrendous away form precludes much hope, perhaps a draw at Leicester and/or Watford. Seems doable, particularly if you say it quick. Null points against Liverpool (A) and Arsenal (A). However, what are the chances of a team winning 3 out of 8, when they've only won 8 out of 30?

They also have to hope that Burnley don't pick up more than 11 points from WHU (A), Southampton (H), Wolves (H), Watford (A), Aston Villa (H), Spurs (A), Aston Villa (A) and Newcastle (H). I can see 4 home wins there, never mind anything away, so the Blues have no room for manoeuvre.

And Watford on 22 points aren't out of it with home games against both Burnley and Everton, although they have only 7 games left, but they also have Brentford and Leicester at home.

Burnley aren't gonna come up against the world class Grant Hanley every week so they can chalk yesterday up as an off day imo.

Seeing how Everton react to Saturday will be interesting. Another home game against a big(ish) team and a decent break seems like the ideal way to carry it on but let's see.

Reading today that Alli hasnt performed yet at Everton because he is just too good and that's why he dropped off at Spurs too, he needs to be in a flying side with flair like Liverpool or Man City. Evidence if needed that it really is time for Warnock to step away from football and possibly society too.