The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

I think I speak for most when I say I’d be quite happy if the current bottom 3 went down. 3 boring little clubs.

Everton could find themselves closer to the drop by the end of the week. If Liverpool win midweek then Everton vs City on Saturday should be a good watch. I can see Everton doing Liverpool a favour in that one.

34 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I think I speak for most when I say I’d be quite happy if the current bottom 3 went down. 3 boring little clubs.

Everton could find themselves closer to the drop by the end of the week. If Liverpool win midweek then Everton vs City on Saturday should be a good watch. I can see Everton doing Liverpool a favour in that one.

Highly unlikely, imvho

Everton's defence is woeful, City will get at least 3, maybe more

Bad day for Everton so far - which is only going to get worse as they take on Manchester City - after Burnley and Watford both get an away point each.

Brentford and Leeds both lose but they have more points than the Blues.

The only bonus is Norwich lost last night.

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Bad day for Everton so far - which is only going to get worse as they take on Manchester City - after Burnley and Watford both get an away point each.

Brentford and Leeds both lose but they have more points than the Blues.

The only bonus is Norwich lost last night.

You never know, miracles can happen. You might get a point.

I missed the first 7 minutes, but I haven't seen Everton touch the ball yet.

Two chances missed in 5 minutes - the Toffees will pay for that.

Usual shite defending costs Everton a (probably undeserved) point. Oh, aye, and a non penalty...

Edited by Jacksgranda

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I missed the first 7 minutes, but I haven't seen Everton touch the ball yet.

Two chances missed in 5 minutes - the Toffees will pay for that.

Usual shite defending costs Everton a (probably undeserved) point. Oh, aye, and a non penalty...

Typical Big 6 VAR decision, shame for Everton as they played well in the end but yeah, bad defending costs you again.

• 2 weeks later...

The usual (quite literally in this case) "give the opposition 2 goals in the opening 20 minutes" stunt ends in a 5-0 thrashing (that could have been worse).

This team's going down.

The next two games - Wolves (H) and Newcastle (H) - are crucial. If they don’t take points from those I can’t see them staying up. They have a daunting run of matches to play. Their final games after Newcastle are West Ham (A), Man Utd (H), Liverpool (A), Chelsea (H), Leicester (A), Brentford (H) and on the last day of the season Arsenal (A). The way they are playing just now you don’t envisage them taking many points at all from those games. If it comes down to the final day they’re fucked, Arsenal is not a happy hunting ground for Everton and you can imagine Arsenal will probably be playing for a European position by then.

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

The next two games - Wolves (H) and Newcastle (H) - are crucial. If they don’t take points from those I can’t see them staying up. They have a daunting run of matches to play. Their final games after Newcastle are West Ham (A), Man Utd (H), Liverpool (A), Chelsea (H), Leicester (A), Brentford (H) and on the last day of the season Arsenal (A). The way they are playing just now you don’t envisage them taking many points at all from those games. If it comes down to the final day they’re fucked, Arsenal is not a happy hunting ground for Everton and you can imagine Arsenal will probably be playing for a European position by then.

For what it's worth there are four rescheduled games to fit in as well remember. Leicester (H), Burnley (A), Watford (A), Palace (H)

Will rely heavily on home form to stay up, don't see where another away point is coming from, even those trips to Burnley and Watford. Said on the coach last night that is a struggling Championship level defence, and I believe Jamie Carragher made a similar point. No heart for a relegation fight whatsoever in that squad. Worried 

Tottenham Stadium though is absolutely class, best ground in the UK by a mile...

PXL_20220307_195206480.thumb.jpg.142a4ef537d52e909181d40f0b51e2dd.jpg

Edited by Christophe

If Everton were to go down, I wouldn’t foresee a quick return. Not a chance the players worth their weight will stick around, and the new stadium will tie up a lot of their finances for the foreseeable.

Worth remembering Everton can be 7 points better off than Burnley if they beat them and win one of the games in hand (they have played one less than them).

I know, they don't have a right to think they'll beat anyone at the moment. But beating Burnley and Watford isn't outwith the realms of possibility and would give massive breathing space between them and 18th place. 

Equally, lose those games and...💀

Now would be a good time for Calvert-Lewin to regain his form, Van De Beek to prove everyone wrong (or right, in the case of most MU fans) and Alli to pretend it's 2017 again. Might as well just forget about the defence and ask them plus Richarlison and Gordon to try and get Everton out of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...