The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Might as well post this one as well, his response to a teacher getting in touch with him saying an Everton supporting student of his wasn’t doing so well in class. I love how Ferguson manages to make a nice message like that seem threatening though :lol: ‘al come to your house awrite’. 

• 4 weeks later...

Everton are one of those clubs I like, but stuggle to know what would satisfy the majority of their support. Obviously, no-one wants to be shite and down in the relegation zone (hi ya Newcastle), but just what constitutes contentment for an Evertonian is somethng I don’t know. Cannot see them troubling the big six. Cannot see them being any better than Leicester City or West Ham, maybe even Leeds. Is floating around mid-table, avoiding a pumping by Liverpool, having a cup run and avoiding being a bottom feeder enough?

To be fair, that’s my expectations for St Mirren - be mid table, have a decent cup run, avoid pumpings by the ugly sisters, but is that sort of expectation enough for a famous and relatively big, EPL clubs fans?

Everton are one of those clubs I like, but stuggle to know what would satisfy the majority of their support. Obviously, no-one wants to be shite and down in the relegation zone (hi ya Newcastle), but just what constitutes contentment for an Evertonian is somethng I don’t know. Cannot see them troubling the big six. Cannot see them being any better than Leicester City or West Ham, maybe even Leeds. Is floating around mid-table, avoiding a pumping by Liverpool, having a cup run and avoiding being a bottom feeder enough?
To be fair, that’s my expectations for St Mirren - be mid table, have a decent cup run, avoid pumpings by the ugly sisters, but is that sort of expectation enough for a famous and relatively big, EPL clubs fans?
Over the last few years, Leicester, West Ham, Brighton and Wolves have all surpassed Everton as functional clubs. Spurs and Liverpool too if you go back a wee bit further but they're not egregious.

They went from consistent top 7 finishes to that being an achievement were it to ever happen, and that's with spending ludicrous amounts of money and getting one of the most successful managers of all time. Their strategy resembles a super club but haven't even got close to the Champions League or a trophy in many years.

Considering the money spent, they should clearly have the potential to break into the top six but their constant failures have fucked them financially (hence the summer dealings). I'm concerned that the stadium is gonna cause even more issues.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Interesting point about StMirren, we did all of the above last season and folk were still moaning 😂

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Interesting point about StMirren, we did all of the above last season and folk were still moaning 😂

Probably the manner in which we fcuked up a Top 6 Tony spot at Hamilton would cause folk to moan. Also the disappointing tactics and showings in winnable semi finals.

Annywayyy… Everton. Yes, the potential is there for the big 6 to be a big 7. A big 8 if Newcastle stay up and start doing a ‘Sheik Mansoor’. West Ham certainly have the potential to make it a big 9. Fcuk it, Leeds have the potential to make it a big 10. Leicester, Villa… both big clubs. Fcuk me, it’s a big old big club league.

Lots of fans of different big EPL clubs could be disappointed year after year then, if they don’t meet or exceed ‘potential’.

Edited by pozbaird

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

:( :( :(

A minimum of 7 points required from the next 3 games (preferably 9) - Leicester h, Burnley a and Newcastle h.

Can't see it to be honest, maybe scrape 5.

Everton were awful today. Benitez is just talking nonsense in his post match interview. His view is that Everton were in control of the match. Deary me.

A woeful performance bereft of ambition. To set up so negatively against a team well down on confidence. Pardew and Souness both calling Benitez out.  

On 12/12/2021 at 18:31, Jacksgranda said:

:( :( :(

A minimum of 7 points required from the next 3 games (preferably 9) - Leicester h, Burnley a and Newcastle h.

Can't see it to be honest, maybe scrape 5.

On 13/12/2021 at 19:35, Crow said:

Will be lucky to get any. 

A bonus point tonight at Stamford Bridge, which I had written off.

• 3 weeks later...

Another horrendous opening quarter of an hour left Everton with too much to do - again - and for all their huffing and puffing and neat little triangles they never looked like coming back although they did get one goal.

They really are in diffs, losing to the bottom team, and Newcastle drawing, unless they can get the defence sorted there's only one way they're going.

Edited by Jacksgranda