The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

I’ve always been a Goodison Park loyal, the thought of Everton leaving there saddens me and I hoped they would somehow find a way to redevelop the ground. I think I was mooting this idea on the New Stadiums thread only recently.

Maybe it’s more accurate to call me an “old ground” loyal - some of the old stadiums in English football are the best there’s ever been including Goodison, Villa Park, Upton Park and White Hart Lane. The atmosphere in these places when they are (and were) full is awesome and they are the spiritual homes of these teams - leaving them and knocking them down should not be taken lightly.

However the more I’ve thought about the Bramley Moor Dock Stadium the more I’m starting to come around to it. I like how the ground will be in a historic part of Liverpool, right next to the “royal blue Mersey” - and the design looks decent both inside and out. The brickwork used for some of the exterior looks like it’s in keeping with the surrounding area and reminds me of the brickwork style stands you see in some of the old ground (Villa Park for example.) The layout of the stands inside the ground look nice as well, and I like how it looks like there will be a “blue wall” behind one of the goals.

I remember the Kirkby plans years ago, the ones if I remember correctly that would have taken Everton out of the city. I hated the thought of that back then. I think the historical aspect and location of this site however is too good an opportunity for Everton to turn down. Hope it all goes to plan.

Will need to get myself down to the Grand Old Lady again before she’s knocked down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...